Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Where is my favorite place to vacation and why?










DISNEY WORLD!!!!! Oh my goodness, how I love this place!!!!  I could go there every year for my vacations and be completely content and satisfied with that.  It is such a magical place.  Everything...EVERYTHING is better at Disney World.  The grass is better, food is better, the heat and humidity is better, the air is better.  Heck, even the exhausted, argumentative families are better there.  At Disney, you can be a kid again.  You can get swept away in the excitement that overwhelms the place.  You can be silly and you will be silly.  Disney doesn't offer a choice other than silliness, complete happiness, and pure joy.  I can't think of many times where a frown appeared on my face during my time there (expect on Mission Space...that ride and I are NOT friends).  You feel like you are in a Disney movie just upon entering through the gates.  There is so much character in the buildings everywhere around you. 

The Magic Kingdom-If you visit Disney, this place is a must!  Not because it has the best rides, because honestly, if you are into big rollercoaster type rides, the Magic Kingdom doesn't have too many to offer.  I love the Magic Kingdom because it exudes the dreams Walt Disney had for this magical land. The buildings are precious, and make you feel like you have stepped back into time.  The castle...UNBELIEVABLE!  Everywhere you turn you will fall in love with the place.  This is the best park for the little ones.  The rides are made just for them (except for Space Mountain and there are a couple others).  They have great places to eat and I love the bakery on Main Street.  There are of course great places to shop here and overall, lots of fun to be had.  The parade at night, use to be called Spectromagic Parade (but the name has changed). There is a great fireworks show there, as well.  I haven't been there in like 4 years!!!!!  So I know a lot has changed since, but I know its magical appeal will always stay the same. 

MGM Studios-This is my second favorite park!  I love it because there are so many different things going on.  During the day you can be whisked away into an act with the actors that meander down the streets.  You can shop til you drop in some of the really cool shops.  You can take the rides of your life on the Rockin Rollercoaster and Hollywood Tower of Terror.  There are lots of shows you can catch there, too.  I love the Muppet 3D show.  It doesn't matter how many times I have seen it or how old I am, I still have to see it and I still laugh like a 5 year old.  There are some great shows at night there, too!  Fantasmic...THE BEST!!! It is a must if you go there. 

Animal Kingdom...LOVE IT!  The safari, Mt. Everest, and It's a Bug's Life are my absolute faves there!  I also enjoy the food and the Kilimanjaro Rapids...Just a fun place.  I feel like I like this place best when it isn't as hot.  For some reason, I feel like I get the hottest there.  I also love the area where you can get your picture taken with Pooh Bear, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore.  There are animals of all sorts on the safari and around various places in the park.  By taking a small, adorable train, you can go visit a petting zoo, too.  Another great show to see at the Animal Kingdom is The Lion King.  It is really well done! 

Epcot-Epcot is a lot of fun!  There are some fun rides like the Test Track, Soarin (which I have heard is leaving or changing), and for those of you who aren't claustrophobic or throwing up, you may enjoy Mission Space.  Of course, you have to go through the big ball...you know...the golf ball.  And you have to go through the Finding Nemo ride and walk through the aquarium and visit the talking turtle...which I can't remember his name at the moment.  On the other side of Epcot, there is a lot to see and do.  You can get a taste of culture there.  There are different restaurants that host cuisines from different countries.  You can visit Mexico, Norway, Canada, Germany, Japan, China, France and many other places.  It is a lot of fun to get a small little something from each country to try and taste at their little snack stands.  They have an exceptional fireworks show at night, as well. 

If you go during the summer, be prepared for downpours of rain almost every day....at least that has been my experience...

I can't wait to experience all the magic Disney World has to offer with my girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment