Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Favorite Holiday!!

 








 
 
Fall & Christmas 
It is July and I am already looking forward to the coming fall months with the fall scents, the delicious recipes, and jolly music!  I know fall can't really be considered a holiday, but to me it is!  I love the changing colors of the trees, the cool breeze outside, the lovely candle smells that make their way on to the shelves.  I can't wait to begin traditions with you girls.  I hope that you will enjoy this season as much as I do.  There are so many fun things to be a part of.  We can go trick or treating, we can go to pumpkin patches, we can write our reasons to be thankful on our cut out leaves, we can make lots of delicious baked goods, we can use our pumpkin soup bowls for some amazing soups.  We can watch Harry Potter a LOT!  We can plan out our 25 Days of Christmas movies ourselves since we got rid of cable.  We can drink hot cocoa, apple cider, and have delicious homemade potpourri cooking on our stove.  We can make lots of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas crafts!  We can decorate our trees and the rest of the house.  We can string lights, if daddy will help.  We can listen to Christmas music all day long and even in the car and not feel guilty about it.  We can go to the stores and  look at all the lovely Christmas displays.  We can recall each night before bed the reason for the season.  We will get to do all these things and more as we make our own traditions. 
 
I am so excited for this fall and winter season with you, my loves.  I hope that when you grow up, will love it as much as I do and will carry on our traditions with your family and make a few of your own!   


No comments:

Post a Comment