Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sally Jean is 5 months

Dear Sally,



Oh baby! You are 5 months already.  This has been the month where I have seen things with you really take off. 


Sally with Mommy
Sally with Daddy


Sally Jean you are... (drum roll please....) SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT...mostly!!!!  Goodness!  God has surely blessed this mommy with 2 great sleepers.  In fact, you are also taking 2 naps during the day that can last anywhere between 2 1/2 to 3 hours!  And...the 2nd naps lines up with your big sisters nap.  Woo hoo!  I do have to note that the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby helped me get the ball rolling when it comes to getting you on a schedule.  But, really all the credit goes to God and His ability, grace, and kindness to answer my requests.  It is amazing!!!

You are eating mostly 6 bottles per day with 5 oz. formula  and 2 1/2 teaspoons of rice cereal mixed in because you just weren't gaining weight at the rate we were wanting you to.  I have noticed your size 1 diapers are getting snug and you can't wear 3 month clothes that have footies anymore.  You are  getting too long.  But, I still look at you and you seem like such a peanut.  You are wearing 3-6 and some 6 month clothing.  Dr. Hight  wanted me to try feeding you some pureed food.  I knew you weren't ready for this.  It took you a lot longer than your sister to strengthen that neck and sit up in a BUMBO.  I have tried to give you some apples, but you don't understand that you need to open your mouth when the spoon reaches your lips and so I end up wedging the spoon in between your lips.  You will smack your lips as if it tastes good, but you just don't get the concept yet.  So, we will try again in a week or 2. 



Silly girl, you  have to be pacified during burps.  I think this is the funniest thing.  You can't stand to stop drinking your milk just enough to be burped that I have to give you a pacifier to let you suck on so you won't cry and will actually let a burp out.  You are such a mess. 

We can tell you are just itching to get on the floor and play with Ava.  It is really obvious to us that you want so badly to be able to do things Ava is doing.  Ava is so cute with you and your face lights up when you see her.  She plays with you and brings things to you.  You seem to enjoy your exersaucer and bouncy seat, as well as, your play mat and BUMBO.  Every day, I notice you are playing for longer stretches.  You are also a wiggly worm!  You scoot yourself all over the place while laying on your back using your back legs.  You are all over the place.  I remember your sister doing this.  Unlike your sister, you are extremely wiggly while being held now.  Sometimes you can be rather unenjoyable to hold because you do not lay still.  I still love ya!


You are not a fan of the pool so far.  You do so-so when the water is a warmer temperature.  For a while you would scream during your baths. Scream. Bloody. Murder.  But, you have been taking baths with Ava and your are handling it a lot better.  It is almost as if now that you have seen Ava can do it and enjoys it, you can do it, too. 
Sally with cousin Jack at the pool



You're still super loving.  You love to just look at whoever has you completely study their face.  I feel like half of the time I am looking at you,there is a small grin on your cute, little face.    Those eyes of yours are absolutely stunning.  I am your mommy, so I may be a little biased. 

THOSE EYELASHES!!!!

Some of my favorite things about this month with you:
-seeing those eyes light up when you see someone you recognize
-soothing yourself to sleep
-sleeping through the night
-giggles
-playing with your toys
-scooting around the room
-smacking your lips

Sally, we are so blessed.  I know I say this in your monthly letter every time, but I truly believe it and mean it.  I can't imagine our lives without you.  Thank you for blessing our lives so immensely.  I cannot wait to see the great things God has in store for you.  I pray you will always allow Him to guide you.  I hope you see how special you are to Him and see yourself the way He sees you.  May God write His name all over your heart!

Love you,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment