Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Independence day


4th of July 2014

 

What a fun, exciting,  and busy 4th we had this year.  It started off with a bang!  We were invited by some friends , the Blacks,  to go to the Waxhaw parade and we thought that sounded like a lot of fun.  We tailgated at the parade and everyone brought breakfast type foods to eat.  The kids played and I noticed all the other kids were minding their p’s and q’s… all except for one little peapod named Ava.  She was into everything, taking off everywhere and just all around misbehaving.  I am sure my friends think we have no control over her, and there are days when I don’t think I do.  We try, though.  In between all the general misbehaving, she did really enjoy herself.  She got to play near the railroad tracks where we got some precious candid pictures of her. She got to see cool cars, lots of kids, get candy and such thrown at her, and my favorite, HORSES!  We had a really good time with our friends and hope we can make that an annual thing we all do. 
Me and my friend Caleb!  Isn't he handsome?
 
Jennifer Lowke and Miss Sally Jean at the parade
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

After we left there, we had time for lunch and a nap before it was time to head over to my sister’s for a cookout.  The cookout was fun.  Of course, I enjoy any time I get to spend with family.  I love watching the older cousins jump right in and play with Ava and look after her.  It is really sweet and cute.  They are all really good with her.  We got to eat some incredible food.  Whenever the cooks are my sister and brother in law, you always know you are in for a treat.  They got to see Ava do her silly dance twirl where she tries to keep her eyes in one spot, kind of like she is chasing her tail.  It is hilarious!!!!


My mom and Sally Jean
 

Then, we headed to fireworks in Waxhaw.  My sister and her kids came and we met some of my friends there.  Ava and Sally really enjoyed watching them!  It was a wonderful time.  When you watch those fireworks you can’t help but look at them with awe and amazement because they are so cool. And then you start thinking about all the men and women who have made so many sacrifices for all of us here in America.  We are truly blessed to live in this country. 

Thank you to all those serving in any of the military branches and to their families!  Your love for this country will never be forgotten and I know, as far as the Alford family and Wright Family goes, you will always be appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment