Thursday, October 17, 2013

Forgiveness

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for the do not know what they are doing."
Luke 23:34
 
Forgive them...this was Jesus Christ's request on the cross...I am left speechless. 
 
Jesus asked our Father, in heaven to forgive us-He desired, longed for our forgiveness, all while being mocked, beaten, scorned, discredited, persecuted...crucified on a cross.
 
I will never understand this.  I can't believe this.  I am overwhelmed by this.  Why, Jesus?  Why do You love us so much?
 
If Jesus can forgive me while being nailed to a cross, why do I have such a hard time forgiving others.  I have NEVER been put through what Jesus was put through.  I have never had to endure anything like that.  Yet, I cannot forgive others with the love of Christ. 
 
Jesus sets a good example.  He shows us that what seems impossible is possible.  Because I am pretty sure that I would have seen forgiving us as an impossible task if I were the one dying on the cross.  He shows us the richness of His mercy and grace, the capacity of His amazing love, that my King would die forgiving me. 

I love You, Jesus.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment