Thursday, October 17, 2013

Flashcards and a 10 month old

So, I got this bright idea that I needed to start working on numbers, colors and shapes with my 10 MONTH OLD!  I know...really?!?!  I just want to teach her so many things...I can't wait. 

So, we are working on colors and the circle shape and numbers 1-5.  Ava sits in her highchair and we go through our flashcards.  She seems to enjoy it.  I don't know what or if she is understanding any of it, but it is still cute and fun to see her smile at the pictures and giggle at mommy as I make the sounds and stuff. 

She also watched the Aristocats the other day and I kept saying "cat, cat, ccccat."  She is trying to say it.  It is pretty adorable.  She also will clap her hands sometimes and say "glab, glab, glab."

Still no "mama" or "dada" discriminately..waiting, waiting...oh so patiently waiting on that. 

She enjoys a song sung by Israel Houghton, called, I have a Friend in God.  She gets a smile to spread across her face when it comes on and she starts to clap.  So precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment