Thursday, September 26, 2013

18 weeks

 IT'S GIRL #2!!!!   We are going to name her Sallie (Sally) Jean.  That is my grandmothers first and middle name and 1) after recent events it seemed appropriate to name her this 2) I have always loved my grandma's name and 3) Curtis heard this was my grandma's name and liked it and so it just seems right. 

The day of my doctor's appointment was bittersweet.  The day before the appointment we found out that my 91 year old (almost) sweet and funny grandpa had an aortic aneurysm and it had ruptured.  He made it to the hospital and we were hopeful that was a good sign.  He made it through a 5+ hour surgery with one or 2 complications but ended the surgery at a stable condition.  He made it through the night and we were very happy with that, but the doctor did say that the next 20 hours after surgery were crucial.  The morning of my appointment, we hadn't heard any bad news so I was feeling good about the state my grandpa was in.  I remember thinking, "God is just not ready for him!" :)  Curtis and I went to Krispy Kreme with Miss Ava and headed out to our appointment.  The ultrasound went well.  The first shot we got was off Miss Sallie(y)'s parts.  It was a good thing we wanted to know what she was because there would have been no mistaking it or missing it.  It was in full view immediately.  We saw other things, but it was a harder ultrasound to make out.  Miss thang has herself upside down, so her behindy is up.  We hardly got a profile picture of her and the pictures we have of her face are freaky.   During the ultrasound and appointment we found out my grandfather was not doing good.  We decided it would be best to start heading to Ohio.  We still had to pack and get an oil change and got on the road around 3 pm.  Ava was a trooper through it all.  By the time we were on 35 and about an hour away from my grandparents house (around 2:00 am), my mom called to say that the doctor called and my grandpa did not have much time.  We rerouted to Ohio State Medical Center.  We got there in time to hold his hand and talk to him and tell him goodbye (About 2:45 am).  He passed about an hour (not even that) after we left (at 4:20 am-Saturday, Sept 21, 2013).  We like to think he was waiting on us.  I know he is with Jesus and I know he is ok.  He will be greatly missed, but we have many a story to remember him by.  He was such a character.  I think he will LOVE that we are naming girl #2 after his wife of 72 years.  I wish Sallie (y) would have been able to meet him and know him.  My girls would have LOVED him!!!



 
 
How far along? 18 weeks and 4 days
 
Size of baby? Mango (6 inches and .5 lbs)
 
Maternity Clothes:  maternity pants and maternity shirts, leggings and regular shirts.    
 
Stretch Marks:  hopefully still not!

Pregnancy Symptoms: More energy!!! achiness in my lower abdomen, backache, more hungry and thirsty, breathlessness, big belly

Sleeping:  I sleep  with my boppy as my support on my right side and Curtis as my support on the left side...haha.  As I am typing, it is 2:47 am.  So, obviously I can't sleep.  This early morning, I have transferred Ava's newborn, 0-3, and 3 month clothing to Sallie (y)'s dresser. 
 
Best feeling this week: Energy so I can play, play, play with big sister.
 
Movement: Not yet... :( my patience is running thin.
 
Cravings/Aversions: Lately, I have been hungry and wanted anything to eat.  Yesterday, the mention of English muffins was brought up and so I wanted that with some butter spread over it very badly.  I enjoyed eating those.  I bought some mandarin oranges in a fruit cup at the store and have enjoyed those.  Ate 2 yesterday, so I am fast approaching needing more.  I still am into the sweets ( like chocolate brownies from Ghirardelli mix and I admit I do eat a bit of the batter...I know, I know!)
 
Belly Button: In...but belly...sticking way out!
 
What I miss:  My grandpa. 
 
What am I looking forward to: Baby kicking me!  I love that feeling and remember missing that when Ava was here.  There is nothing like feeling that little miracle inside you.  

Although the day we found out what we were having was more sad than happy, we are so thankful to have found out 1) the baby looks to be developing like she should and there was nothing that alarmed the ultrasound technician 2) that we were able to found out what we are having and 3)  we made it in time to say goodbye to grandpa.  During the appointment my uterus was right where Jan suspected it to be and I got my flu shot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment