Tuesday, September 17, 2013

17 Weeks

I can't believe I am 17 weeks and one day.  This week is a big week for us.  We are (hopefully) going to 1) see a healthy, growing, well developing baby growing inside my belly and 2) going to find out if it is a boy or girl.  The suspense is KILLING me.  I cannot wait to see this baby.  It has been a LONG time coming.  I honestly don't think I could handle another week of not being able to catch a glimpse of this little miracle inside.  There are a lot of anxieties that come along with this ultrasound for me.  I always think the worst and expect it.  I really need to be praying to God more for peace.   
 
How far along? 17 weeks and 1 day
 
Size of baby? size of a sweet potato (5.5 in, 5 oz.) Also, about the length of an asparagus spear
 
Maternity Clothes:  I am wearing maternity pants and still trying to fit into some regular shirts.  This is not going to be able to happen for too much longer because I have really seemed to pop this week.  The shirts are going to be too stretched out to wear post maternity if I keep this up.  I love wearing yoga type pants and t shirts.   
 
Stretch Marks:  Not any new ones that I can tell.  I am using Elemis massage oil to help with the stretch marks.

Pregnancy Symptoms: I have had some headaches and stuffy nose.  My energy seems to be boosted and not as much nausea at all.  YAY!  I am more energetic but love when I can get some good sleep.  I seem to feel more hungry lately which is not good. 

Sleeping:  I sleep  with my boppy as my support on my right side and Curtis as my support on the left side...haha.  I have been able to sleep pretty well lately.  I have hardly woken up in the middle of the night this week.  I am getting up early, but that is because I want to have certain things done before my little miss wakes up and makes it almost impossible to do my normal routine. 
 
Best feeling this week: Not feeling nauseous is a HUGE PRAYER ANSWERED!
 
Movement: Not yet...anxiously waiting and anticipating
 
Cravings/Aversions: Lately, I have wanted the not healthy stuff and nixed the healthy stuff.  I cut a cucumber yesterday to eat with some ranch dressing and the smell of the cucumber was a huge turn off.  I can always seem to eat some mashed potatoes and green beans (especially the Texas Roadhouse green beans).  I stopped ordering steak when I eat out because I can't stand the sight of another medium well or well done steak.  Too chewy... 
 
Belly Button: In...it never really came out with Ava either
 
What I miss:  I miss feeling productive.  Oh, and I miss sushi and frozen margaritas.   
 
What am I looking forward to: I am still looking forward to seeing this baby for the first time at our ultrasound and seeing that it is ok.  I am looking forward to finding out what we are having and seeing if my prediction is right.

Not much else to report.  This pregnancy seems to be going by a little quicker than my first, but I do have a little 9 month old who is very, very, VERY busy.  That could be a big part of the reason.  I am so thankful for her and this little miracle inside me.  It will be interesting carrying her around (She's heavy!!!) and this baby when I am in the third trimester...especially if my belly gets anything like it did with Miss Ava. 

No comments:

Post a Comment