Thursday, January 27, 2011

YoYo's are a BIG NO NO!

Okay...so this week we had a motivational speaker come talk to our elementary students..... She used the acronym NED (Never give up, Encourage others, Do your best). Anyway, she did every part of her speech with a yo-yo. Not just any kind of yo-yo but "special" yo-yo's. Well, those are selling like hotcakes at school. At first, I thought how funny is this, but now after probably over 2,000 dollars being sold of these awesome yo-yo's, I am getting a little annoyed. We are only on day 3 of selling. We have Friday and Monday left to sell these suckers.

How is it that I am using my paycheck to buy kids pencils, folders, erasers, paper, offering to pay for field trips, buying kids books at the bookfair because I feel bad that they didn't have money, but they can buy $16.50 for a yo-yo? Yes, you heard me right...$16.50 (it does come with a DVD to show you how to do all the little tricks). Answer that for me, because I can't seem to figure it out!

Just my thought for the day, but I am still smiling in ALL things (hahah)

No comments:

Post a Comment