Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rahab-an unsuspecting alliance

It is 2011. A new year, a new beginning. Time to not turn around anymore and look at the past...the mess you made. But time to move forward and focus on the here and now. I am a messed up person. I am a person who has so many faults, yet tries to fill my time with pointing out and discussing everyone else's faults. I love my father in Heaven...but does anyone know that? Can anyone see that by the way I live my day to day life? Unfortunately and also most likely, the answer to that question would be a big, fat NO! I told myself this New Year I was going to be better at these things...that people would know who I belong to...who I call my King. And, once again I have broken that resolution.

I thought about just giving up and trying again in 2012. Doesn't God tire of my mistakes...the ones I make day to day, minute to minute? But then I thought God would be so much more disappointed in me and my decision to give up now. He is use to cleaning up my mess. He is used to picking up the tattered fabric of my life. He would rather do that than me not try to be my best for Him.

Rahab in the book of Joshua was a sinner like me. She was a prostitute. Someone you wouldn't give two cents about back then, much less think would make an alliance with God, yet she did! She had two of Joshua's spies stay at her home and lied to the Kings' messengers when they asked her if they were there. Yes she lied to do it, but she lied to protect God and His people. While it isn't okay to lie, she had decided that at that moment she was going to acknowledge this God she had heard so many things about.

God will use anyone who is willing to listen to Him. He can use me and He can use you too! And, He will. But are you willing to listen? More importantly, are you listening and willing to do what He asks of you? Rahab was. And because of that she was saved! We are all a Rahab in our own right. I may not be a prostitute, but I am a sinner of other things which in God's eyes sin is all the same. I am going to pray that I am listening so He can use me...which I so desperately want Him to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment