Sunday, January 16, 2011

Is God dead?

God's power is so amazing. I was moved in church today. Moved to act and make a change in life. Let's face it, most of us have a past that harbors pain, guilt, stress, feelings that lead to a lack of self worth, and dishonesty. I have a past with many of those problems. I harbor pain and guilt from things that happened to me when I was younger. I have pain from my marriage. But is God dead? NO! I love and worship the same God that parted the Jordan River in Joshua 3. I look up to the God who brought a dead man named Lazerus back to life. I worship the same God who gave His son up on a cross and allowed Him, asked Him, to die for us sinners. I worship to a God who watched His son be beaten and nailed to a cross and die the most shameful death. I worship the same God who watched His son draw his last breath. I cry out to the same God who rose His son from the grave 3 days later and removed a stone from Christ's tomb. If I call this God, my God, then I have absolutely nothing to fear! God can take all that trivial pain and guilt, fear and doubt away. I can leave all of that behind me and join Him. Follow Him as he leads me wherever He wills me to go. As Salina sang today in church a song she and her husband wrote, Jesus Emmanuel You are worthy You are worthy. Majesty, King of Glory, I surrender, I surrender all to you.

The couple that leads worship at the church I am attending wrote a song that sums every bit of this post up:
wherever you lead we will follow
whenever you speak Lord we will go
To the ends of the earth
To the depths of our hearts
We will follow you
We will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment