Thursday, January 13, 2011

time...its so valuable

So today at work, my team and I have been working on modules that we have to complete to get credit. It is a requirement of the county...not sure if it is one of the state. Either way, we have to do it. I sat there with my team as we giggled over the time that was being spent on something we weren't really sure would have any affect on our classroom teaching. I mean, of course, you read up on things to make you a better teacher, you take advice from others on how to make you a better teacher and you are always looking for ideas that will help to enhance student learning. I sat there and thought what a waste of time...I don't need this. I could be doing better, more important things.

When I got home, I thought more about this. However, I thought about it from God's perspective. How many times do I fill my time up with thinking about my job and how to be better at it when I should be thinking about my relationship with God and how to make that better?

I waste so much time doing things of "unimportance" to God. If I could just focus on the One and Only, on Him, then every second of my life would be fulfilling. Not only would I be fulfilled but I would be used by Him to fill other's lives with God's love and grace. Father I want you to fill me up so I can help other's lives be filled up by You.

No comments:

Post a Comment