Monday, March 31, 2014

Sweet Girl Blessings

I had my post partem check up today.  My doctor was running an hour behind because he had to be the bearer of bad news and when that happens he doesn't just leave the room. 

I can't even imagine.  I can't imagine walking into the OB expecting to hear I am expecting to find out I am not, or that something with the baby is wrong.  I can't imagine struggling with infertility and being told I will never be able to carry my own baby, or that I may be able to carry a baby, but not to term.  I just can't imagine. 

And then, I am reminded of these sweet little girl blessings I have.  I am so thankful for them and so grateful that God has entrusted me with them.  They are beautiful, healthy little girls and we are so blessed to have them. 

Motherhood is tiring, monotonous, sacrificial, menial, and never ending.  But, there is also great joy that comes with being a mom. 

I am so thankful for the blessings of these little girls.  For the constant princess movies Ava already loves, for the frills and pink every where, for the baby dolls that are laying around in my family room, for the messy hands and faces with peanut butter stuck to them, for the food that has been thrown on the floor, for the soaked clothes I am wearing after their baths, for the dirty diapers and dirty diapers gone wild, for dancing to music, for reading the same books over and over again, for the never ending bottles and sippy cups to clean, for the crazy hair days (and with Ava that is every day!)

I am a lucky girl and a grateful mom. Lord, thank you for these blessings and help me to remember this on days that don't go as planned.  Help me to remember the pain others are feeling who would long for those blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment