Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day, what?

Well, year 2 of not teaching and holidays like St. Patty's Day escape me.  I look forward to the days when Ava and Sally are able to do fun things on these holidays, but right now they are too young.  I didn't even dress them in green because I realized it was St. Patricks Day after I already dressed them and changing Ava is like changing an octopus and it just plain upsets Sally, so I decided, "who really cares?!?"

Today I accomplished something I have been terrified to try.  What is it, you ask?  I took both girls out to Buy Buy Baby and Carters...and get this...it was wet and rainy the whole time.  And this is even more amazing....we are here and alive!!!! The only minor thing...Ava lost a tennis shoe....have no idea where it could be.  And once I saw it was missing and we were getting into the car while the rain was getting heavier and by that point, I just didn't care where it was.  I decided she needed new tennis shoes, anyway. 

I took the double stroller because I didn't feel like standing out in the rain trying to put Sally in the Ergobaby.  I am saving that for a sunny, warm day.  The stroller is a bit more complicated than the single stroller-harder to manuever and get through doors and such, but Ava does pretty good in it and its so easy to transport Sally because she just stays in her carseat carrier.  So on rainy days, it seems easier. 

We also made a trip to Old Navy to just see what they had for kids clothings...cute stuff btw.  But when we were leaving, the alarm went off.  I immediately thought Ava must have grabbed something and I didn't know it.  But I couldn't find anything that wasn't ours in her hands or in the stroller.  The employees were watching me.  I felt so embarrassed.  Pushing my double stroller being looked at suspiciously while leaving Old Navy.  I'm innocent, people! 

When we got to the house, I put Ava down and she was limping....:(  I was extremely worried, but chalked it up to her foot being asleep.  Then I saw her diaper was bulging and lopsided so I thought that might be throwing her off.  So I changed I her diaper and she was still limping.  My mommy intuition thought it best to call the doctor.  They got us in today.  Everything looks ok, but they want us to monitor her for the next 24-48 hours.  If she starts limping again, they want to see her and will do blood work to get her white blood cell count to check for infection. 

She has not been limping since and is her normal sweet, playful self.  So, hopefully it was just some weird fluke and I was imagining things, but better to be safe than to be sorry. 

I will tell you what...I love these two precious girlsGod has given me!  They are such sweet blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment