Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What a Lucky girl am I!!!

Being a mommy to an eleven month old and 6 months pregnant I am worn out...exhausted...beat...stick a fork in me...I'm done!  I try, try, try to get things done around the house,  but I can't.  Physically can't!  After Bible study and chasing around a baby all day...playing all day, keeping her out of cabinets (because no we still haven't baby-proofed the cabinets), trying to just laugh when tempers flare, saying the word "no" more yesterday than I have ever said in my life...I felt like I was quickly dissolving into a big puddle of nothing.  

Yet, there were still so many things left to do.  Thankfully, I had leftovers from the dinner from the night before so I didn't have to make dinner.  That was a blessing.  I had laundry to get done, fold, put away, carpets to vacuum, floors to mop, furniture to dust, baby to feed, floor to clear of toys so I could vacuum, dishes to be hand-washed and a load to put in the dishwasher.  I sat there thinking, "How does a family of three, with one of those being 11 months, make such a mess?" 

Then, as I was feeding Ava, she ABSOLUTELY refused her baby food, so I had to figure out what to try and feed her instead.  I sliced an apple into little shreds, cut up some cheese and cooked some peas.  I was glad that she wanted to eat that, but I am realizing that I am going to have to get a lot more creative with what I feed her.  I am actually going to have to cook meals...I HATE cooking...baking I L.O.V.E. but cooking...not so much.  I have been spoiled with the little jars of baby food that Ava would usually eat for me.  Maybe, though, with her eating more real food it will force me to eat healthier...here's to hoping.  

After all this, I just knew there wasn't going to be much of me left to get anything done.  Feeding a baby can be tiring, maybe torturous is a better word.  Anyway, I texted my dear husband for a favor.  I actually asked him if he would mind vacuuming for me when he got home.  I just didn't think...no, I knew I couldn't get it done. He texted me back with a sweet reply of "Of course!".  How blessed am I to have a husband who is willing to help out in such a way.  He worked all day, got home around 7, after driving through a yucky wintery mix through horrible traffic, had a lot to accomplish that day at work, came home and happily ate leftovers that he heated up himself, and helped put Ava to bed and then, after I was in my pj's and in bed, he went downstairs and vacuumed the carpets!  Ava and I are sure are lucky girls!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment