Tuesday, November 5, 2013

11 Months

Ava is 11 Months!!!!
 
One more month and we will be celebrating one year with this little lady!  I am in shock over this.  I have been guilty during her 11 months of looking back at her newborn photos and videos.  How I miss those little coos that she would make and those hours upon hours she would sleep.  How I only would have to worry about a bottle every 3-4 hours and no food in between.  While I love all of her and everything about her, I can't help but reminisce in those early days that really were sooooo easy!  I hope that I won't take a second of it granted with Sally. 
 
 
This month has gone by very quickly.  Ava has really grown this month and made us laugh at some of her silly new things. 
 
She dressed up in her first Halloween costume, as none other than an owl!  She was the cutest little owl ever.  It only seemed fitting that since that is the theme of her room and she has so many owl stuffed friends, that her first Halloween she be an owl.  We just walked around Lake Park with my parents, brother and niece Ashleigh and Ashleigh collected her candy since Ava is too young for that junk.  
Aren't I a hoot?

 
Ava has started taking steps from one person to the other.  She has a hard time, though, because she gets so excited that she starts bouncing and just falls on her bottom.  She is doing well at using one hand to hold my hand and walk.  It's pretty cute. 
 
Ava is trying to say things like: nite nite, bye bye, God, yay, clap clap clap
She also attempts to make animals sounds like: woof woof, meow, moo, baaa.
She still doesn't say mama and daddy discriminately.  :(
Ava loves Winston
 
Ava reading Brown Bear Brown Bear to Winston
 
She loves to listen to music and she will either bounce to it or sway back and forth.  Also cute!
She loves her push toy and pushes it all around the kitchen, around and around the table and into the living room.  We also got her a tunnel that she lies to crawl in and out of, especially when daddy is looking at her from one side.  She still loves all cords and wires.  She also loves the tupperware cabinet.  She has a great time pulling it all out and leaving it all over the floor. She loves to carry around these two plastic circles and she bangs them together all day.  I don't know.
 
 
This month she has been hit with a nasty cold and some kind of bug.  She freaked mommy out because mommy had been throwing up the night before and the next morning Ava spit up basically her whole bottle. That whole day I think she only got like a total of 8 ozs. of formula.   She was not the same after that and looked sleepy and threw up her food during the night and just wasn't her normal self.  It made me sad.  Luckily, she didn't have a fever but you could just tell she was not her normal self.
 
Ava has learned to do "silly face".  Oh my word, adorable.  It took her like 3 tries to learn what that meant.  Smarty pants.  I wish she was that quick to understand what NO meant. 
 
I was told in nursery she told another little boy "No no", when he was getting into something he had been told not to.  So...she is good at dishing it out, but not heeding her own advice....who else does she know that is like that?  Hmmmm.....
 
She picks EVERYTHING off the floor and eats it.  Ewww....it doesn't matter how many times I sweep or vacuum.  She finds something somewhere.  Daddy says maybe we should just throw her food on the ground and she would eat it then.  I am starting to think that may not be a bad idea...half of it ends up there anyway. 
 
Ava getting ready to eat
I am not sure what she is weighing these days...just hoping she is gaining the appropriate amount of weight.  She is wearing 12-18 months clothing or 18-24 months.  She drinks 3 bottles each day with 8 oz. in them.  She wears size 4 diapers.  Her headbands are not fitting her anymore. Her head is too big.  She has her 2 top and two bottom teeth and is working on the 2 teeth next to her 2 top teeth.  They hurt and she does bite...she just bit me as I was trying to get something out of her mouth and now my pointer finger has no feeling in it and is tingly...that can't be good....
 
 
  Some of my favorite things about this month:
~blowing kisses when we go bye bye
~sitting on my lap and really enjoying the books being read to her
~her excitement when we make voices when we are reading
~her silly face
~how social she is
~her intense look when she is really trying to tell us something but we have no clue what she is saying

Ava swinging at Squirrel Lake Park
 

No comments:

Post a Comment