Sunday, August 14, 2011

Saved from something by someone to do something

Today's lesson was a continuation of last week on The Great Commission. And, as always, my brain was enlightened and my heart softened.

Now, I have never viewed my being a Christian as a get out of hell card. In fact, even though I am a Christian, I still often wonder if I am going to make it up to heaven. But these simple words were said in today's message "I was saved from something by someone to do something."
I have seemed to have let this go unnoticed. I seem to let the death that Christ faced for me fade away. Since He died for me, He has given me the HONOR to go and tell others about His love for us. I should view it as an honor to tell others about God, but I usually view it as an awkward, difficult task that I am not worthy or able to do.

Most of the time I am not a Christlike example and I make myself not available most of the time. What if my church I grew up in or my parents had made themselves unavailable to me? Where would I be today? Who would I be today?

Father, help me to be available to others. Force words and actions to come out of me that bring You glory. Give me a heart that is open to others and their needs and to put my needs to the side for once. Father, help me an instrument to be used for You, one that brings peace and love. Do not let my lack of confidence keep me from remembering and acting out what Jesus authorized me to do...the reason He died on the cross for me. For I was saved from death by God through Jesus to go and make disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment