Sunday, August 21, 2011

A journey

I read a blog called The Journey. It is about a girl named Katie who is about my age 29 or younger. She lives in Africa and has adopted 13 african girls who are of all ages. Not only does she care for these little girls, but she is so available to anyone who comes to her door. Her love for Christ is so captivating. I read her stories and I am in tears and utterly amazed. Her life turns all eyes on Him. It is truly amazing. It makes me realize a deep dream I have had. When I was in high school I would go to an orphanage in Mexico during the summers. Ever since, I have wanted to have something to do with missions and kids. I would one day love to be the "parents" of an orphanage. I would love to be somewhere where I can pursue making disciples...a place where people have never heard His word. But, we (Curtis and I) are not available. We are so bogged down by our responsibilities here we can't just leave it. I want to be available. I want to not have things here that are tying me down. I want to be able to pack up and go to Africa for a few weeks if I want to go do some work over there. Maybe now is not the time, or maybe I am making excuses because deep down I am terrified of what God may have in store for us. Whatever it is, I pray that I will be able to make sense of what God is entrusting me with. I want Him to entrust me with much. I want to have a life story that points others to Him and his sovereignty and power. But, for now, He has me on this journey. So, I will accept the place I am in now and pray that for now I will still point others to Him. I am, however, sitting here, wondering what others roads He will have Curtis and I take along this journey. Here is a link to Katie's blog. You should read it..it is truly and utterly amazing!
http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment