Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our Body belongs to Christ

So during this whole summer....I have watched myself eat, sleep, watch tv, eat, sleep, watch tv, and eat and sleep some more. I had a whole checklist of things I wanted to accomplish on my house this summer...yet none of it got done. I have had absolutely no motivation. But then I will start thinking, "Who am I hurting anyway? This is my summer and my life and I am going to do what I want to do!"

While it is true that this is summer and I do not deny that God gives teachers summers to sleep and rest and do things they want to do, I do not think He would agree that this is my life and my body. My body belongs to Christ. It says so in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price, therefore honor God with your body."

My body belongs to God. I wasn't created to live Mandy's Life, I was created by God, for God's purposes and only to bring glory to God. I live every day doing what I feel like doing. It is rather selfish. My father sent His son to die on a cross. His son had nails pierced into His hands. He had a crown covered in thorns bearing into his head. He died and He had done nothing wrong. But because God knew I would sin, He had mercy on me and asked His son to bear the burden of all my sins and all the others in this world. So, my body is God's body most definitely.

Father, I pray that I can have a physical body that glorifies you. I pray I will vigilent. I will guard what I see, hear, do, think, and choose for my life. I pray that I will walk in righteousness and fill my body, which is Your temple, with holiness. Please forgive me for always thinking that I could do what I want when I want with my body and not allowing it to glorify You even after knowing that You gave up Your son on a cross for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment