Friday, January 22, 2016

Evie 37 Weeks pregnant

How far along?  37 weeks and 6 days

How far to go?  10 days

Due Date: February 6, 2016, but I will have a csection the 1st of Feb.

Baby?  about the size of a water melon.  6.2-9.2 lbs Say what?!?!?!


Maternity Clothes: Still loving maternity leggings, and maternity shirts, when I manage to get out of my pajamas.  Use to love wearing my boots but they are not easy to put on.  

Stretch Marks: A few showing up lightly on my stomach.  Also I have a lot of skin tags!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  round ligament pain, lower back and hip pain, middle back pain (probably from carrying these huge boobs around)  frequent trips to the bathroom, and trouble sleeping, heartburn/indigestion/gas, heaviness in my lower abdomen, frequent and sometimes painful braxton hicks, short of breath, sharp, sporadic pains in the yonder region, feel like I have pulled my groin, numbness in my left leg a lot (mostly the side of my thigh).

Sleeping:  I am sleeping ok... I have to turn over every so often because my leg I am lying on will start to hurt and go numb.  When I turn over, that is a chore.  

Best feeling this week:  I will be honest this has been a really hard week for me emotionally.  I can't think back to a time where I just felt great.  

Movement:  Evie is pretty active still and her movements are solid.  

Cravings/Aversions: jI like to snack on not great food.  I have a hard time eating meals.  my stomach just doesn't have room for that.  And, not a lot of healthy food sounds good, except some fruit.  

Belly Button: almost flesh with my stomach.  

What I miss:  Having my body back.  


What am I looking forward to: Feb. 1 after she has come and everything is ok.

This week was not the best week for me as far as pregnancy and emotions go.  I had a horrible doctors appt.  Here is a synopsis of what went on:
I went to a doctor I had never seen bc it was the only time we could get an ultrasound in. My primary OB wanted to check her position. So o went to the Arboretum location. They do the u/s and the technician said she was measuring in at 9.7 lbs give or take half a lb. and that I have a lot of fluid still.
So I go into the room to wait for the doctor. As soon as she walks in she starts talking about the size of the baby. And how she thinks I have had gestational diabetes all this time. I told her I failed the 1 hr( which 50% of women do) and passed the 3 hour with very normal numbers. I did tell her I have been struggling with my diet since after having Ava. She said she wanted to set me up with a dietician and someone to train me on a glucometer. I told her I didn't want to do anything unnecessary since our insurance is basically non existent and we would be paying for all these visits out of pocket.
At that time she proceeds to tell me the risks of having a large baby and one with gestational diabetes. Larger babies can be sent to the NICU bc they can have a hard time breathing and c section babies are already at a disadvantage bc they aren't squeezed through the birth canal to get rid of extra fluid in their lungs. These are risks I already knew.
She also goes on to talk about the higher chances of having a stillborn and says it doesn't take long for a baby not to make it. It was like she was shaming me for not wanting to meet with a dietician and my diet issues.

She never looked at my history of having larger babies or that i am on Zoloft an anti anxiety med dos probably not the best way to inform Me of all this scary info. And she said all this before doing blood work to see if I needed to even be worried about gestational diabetes. They then did my finger prick which came back as a 66 which is great. It's like a fasting glucose. And they did an A1c test which checks your blood sugar over the past three months and that came back normal. So...why not have done all that first before totally freaking me out? Really pissed me off.
I emailed her. She said she wouldn't worry too much ab it. That my results all look fine. I see Dr wicker on Monday who is doing my surgery next Monday. He has done the other 2 csections also. This other doctor wanted me to go for another u/s to check that the baby is practicing breathing. And I have to pay for all these u/s out of pocket. It is ridiculous if it isn't necessary. So I am hoping Wicker can guide me on whether or not we need that. Sorry I just wrote an entire book. Bet you are sorry you asked how I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment