Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ava is 20 months old

Ava Elizabeth Alford
20 months
 

I can't believe that in 4 short months, this little cutie will be 2 years old.  Ava is so full of life!  She wakes up every morning with a smile on her face and ends the day with a smile on her face.  She does have her fair share of temper tantrums during the day, though.  I am working on that...it is a slow (painful) process, but I will not give up.  Will. Not!



Ava has a firecracker personality.  She is so silly, so independent, so determined.  I love these things about her.  She knows what she wants and she is going to do what she has got to do to get it. 

Ava wants to walk, walk, walk, or run, run, run everywhere.  She always has this look about her like she is telling the world that she has places to go and people to see. 

She is very friendly.  She will go to anyone.  It is kind of scary at times how comfortable she is with pretty much anyone who gives her the time of day.  She will wave and say hello to pretty much anyone. 

Lately, she has loved playing Ring around the Rosey, "jumping", "skipping", and playing with Sally Jean.  She also loves to create a mess everywhere she goes. 

While, for the most part, she is pretty happy, she still does have her moments where I feel I have no control and I feel like everything is falling out of control.  Quickly.

Ava likes to compete with her sister in the noise and babbling department.  The other night at dinner, Curtis and I couldn't hear our conversation because of the two little girls.  We had to tell Ava a few times to use her quiet voice.

During this month, we bought Ava a potty.  I haven't started training her yet, because we have a small trip coming up and I don't want to venture down that avenue until our return. 


Ava loves anything involving the outdoors.  I try to get her outside as much as I can, but it can be very difficult in the heat.  It's too bad we don't get to the pool too often.  It is hard to go to the pool juggling 2 little ones who cannot swim without someone there at all times. 




 
 
Some things I have loved about this month:
~Ava is picking up on so many new words, phrases, and actions.  She doesn't always use them correctly, but she paying more attention than I really think she is.
~How helpful she is with her sister-she loves her and tries so hard to be helpful.
~Ava walking around cautiously with things on her face so she can't see but she is determined to get around without bumping into anything.

 
~The occasional assistance when helping clean up.
~Ava picking out her books she wants to read.
~Ava learning to cooperate when we are outside (a work in progress)
 
We are overjoyed that this little girl is in our family.  She is blessing in countless ways.  I know that her stubbornness and determinedness will get her through so many things and will take her far.  I know that God will help us direct those strong characteristics in a way that will bring Him glory, because ultimately, that is all I want...for her life to bring glory to our Father. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment