Sunday, January 26, 2014

36 weeks

36 Weeks

How far along? 36 weeks and 0 days.

How far to go?  23 days

Due Date: February 24, 2014 BUT C-SECTION IS SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 18TH! So really I have 3 weeks and 2 days left. Holy cow!!!

Baby? Sally is huge from my view. Around 6 lbs and 20 inches long is what the books say.  About the size of the large cantelope.  Her bones are soft to get her ready for birth, although she shouldn't have to worry about that since we are having a planned c-section.  Most of her systems are ready to make an appearance here in this world, from circulatory to musculosketetal.           

Maternity Clothes: All the time...except for my jammies. They don't fit me and the shirt rides up above my belly. I look like a hillybilly at night! :)

Stretch Marks: I am noticing them a little on my stomach and elsewhere...

Pregnancy Symptoms: I have to use the restroom often (like every-15- minutes kind of often.  . I also have been having major middle back pain, heartburn/indigestion, emotional, hip pain, breathlessness, slightly nauseous, few headaches, sore lower abdomen,Pelvic pressure, fatigue and some other unmentionable pregnancy symptoms. *Note the large font size...those are big pregnancy symptoms.  I am feeling very done with this by this point and just want to feel normal again and not constantly icky and in a funk. 

Sleeping: I toss and turn a LOT which is difficult and uncomfortable.  Some nights I end up downstairs and clean a little or do something like sew buttons on Curtis' clothes until I feel like I am ready to get on the couch and sleep for a couple hours.          

Best feeling this week:  Getting Sally's crib. After looking at several cribs online and in stores and buying the same crib twice online and it falling through, I was starting to think that we would never be able to get Sally a crib.  The funny thing is we ended up spending more on the crib than we wanted AND we ended up getting the same crib that Ava has.  Here is a crib, but Sally's will be white.
 

Movement: Sally squirms more and kicks less often.  She is probably running out of room and quickly.

Cravings/Aversions:  cinnamon sugar poptarts, starches, lots of food with carbs (uh oh) 

Belly Button: In, but it is a little more pushed out than normal.

What I miss: Having a day that I feel normal and good all around.   

What am I looking forward to: This week I am looking forward to holding this girl in my arms!  I am ready to count her fingers and toes, hear her cry, and see those eyes.

This week I have just been extremely uncomfortable and nauseous.  I am so very anxious to get this show on the road. To see what it is like to be a mommy of 2 children 14 months and under.  To see how all the unknowns that are rolling around in my brain will pan out.  To hold Sally and know that there is enough love in my heart to share with another baby girl.  My appointment this past week went fine.  I am measuring fine, I only gained a pound from the last appointment and Sally' heartbeat sounded good.  I had to get the Group B strep test at this appointment.  I asked Dr. Makemson about how many c-sections I could have and he said every case is different.  It depends a lot on the amount of scar tissue you have.  So that is something I want to talk to Wicker since he will see what that looks like.  I also asked about Papaya enzymes for heartburn.  He said that it would probably not hurt the baby at this point because everything should be formed, but there just isn't a lot of research done on it.  So, of course, that makes me skeptical and more likely to just bear through it.  I was having weird, sharp pains in my lower abdomen and in even lower places and it was concerning to me.  He said it was probably just stretching of the scar tissue from my last c-section.  I have been moved to weekly appointments as of this week.  I go again on January 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment