Monday, August 12, 2013

Unceasing in prayer

Today I was reading about prayer and how you should always be praying.  Unceasing in prayer means to pray with constant perserverence.  All the time, anywhere, everywhere.  I have read this verse in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 many times.  I thought I understood, but today, for the first time, I have realized that I did not and do not get it.  I struggle with having constant conversations with God on my own.  I get too busy in my daily life to remember Him and go to Him in all things, all the time, anywhere, and everywhere.  Then I read today, that these unceasing prayers are to go beyond just your personal conversations with God to conversations you have with others.  God desires for our hearts to surrender to Him in prayer, during and after conversations with others.  He wants me to go to God on behalf of my friends and pray for them, right there, in front of them, right now!  I witnessed this last week at Chick Fil A with some friends from church and one of Chick Fil A's employees.  She knew one of the ladies I was with personally and knew she needed prayer and came to our table and prayed over her and the rest of us who were with her. I was touched and amazed at her boldness for her heavenly Father and concern for her friend.  I am not that person.  I am too weak and too timid.  And I know that God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but I am too scared of stepping out and opening up.  I want to be that kind and loving lady.  I want to shower others with God's love, grace, and strength.   I want to tell others about His truth and not be scared to share it with those who need Him.   I want my conversations with everyone to be centered around God all the time, anywhere, and everywhere. 

Father God,
Forgive me for my timidity.  Forgive me of my selfishness of keeping You and all the help you can provide others to myself.  Forgive me for allowing Satan a foothold on my life and allowing his lies to take over the truth that You can give me boldness, courage, truth, grace and love to share with others.  Father, I pray that I become more like you and more like this sweet lady who prayed over my friend.  Thank you for her example and for Your word that speaks to me everyday.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment