Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Overwhelmingly Blessed

I hate to admit this, but when all my teacher friends were getting their classrooms ready and beginning the creative process for their exciting plans for the year, I began to miss my job.  I didn't understand it and I didn't want to feel that way.  I felt so ungrateful for the bountiful blessings God has poured down on us.  However, at the same time, I realized that this feeling of wanting to be setting up my own classroom would quickly fade 4 weeks from now and I would be wishing, hoping, praying to be home with my baby girl.  I realized how badly I would miss her and miss out on all the new things she would experience and be able to do. 

Amazingly, the week school actually started and I heard children outside waiting on the buses and as I let my dog out to go the the bathroom and saw families rushing around to get in their car and to school on time I was quickly reminded of how blessed I am. 

I am blessed.  I get to walk back into that house and not rush.  I get to read my Bible each morning without being in a hurry.  I get to eat breakfast if I want to.  I get to wait to hear a sweet little voice upstairs as she wakes up.  I get to sit on the couch and feed Ava her bottle and then have time to snuggle with her.  I get to clean my house.  I get to play with Ava and watch her grow every day.  I get to see the things that interest her and I get to see the new things she likes.  I get to see every smile, every tear, every yawn.  I get to change every stinky diaper. I get to dress her and put headbands in her hair. I get to cuddle her when she tumbles.   I get to hold her as she prepares herself for a nap.  I get to listen to music of my choosing or watch a TV show.  I get to read books that interest me.  I get to catch up with friends.  I get to back brownies in the middle of the day.  I get to take mid-day walks.  I get to go to mommy Bible studies.  I get to go shopping or out to eat in the middle of the day.  I get to decide if I want to dry my hair or just let it dry itself into a crazy, curly mess. 


I am blessed. 

God, I am so thankful for where you have put me today and every day.  I am so thankful for the many blessings you have showered me with.  I am so thankful for the countless moments I get to spend with this sweet little girl.  I am so thankful that I can read your word in quietness and no rush.  I am so thankful and I know that I don't always act that way, but Father, I am.  Thank you for blessing me despite all my failures and all the times I am so undeserving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment