Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ava is 8 Months!

Ava is 8 Months!!!
 
 
 
I know, I know...I say this all the time but I truly can't believe my little girl is 8 months old.  Actually I am so late in posting this, she will be 9 months next week. 
 
Where does the time go?  I was quickly reminded of this early in the morning when I couldn't sleep and found myself reading my friends blog on motherhood.  Ava is soooooo active, constantly on the go, and curious about everything.  She is still a rather happy and silly baby.  Right now, she is in her crib just playing, gabbing, and squealing to herself. 
 
She loves to discover new places in the house and Curtis and I really need to get on the ball with child proofing.  She is making us realize this is going to be a necessity with her, especially when baby 2 gets here. 
 
She WILL NOT hold her bottle.  We are trying sippy cups with handles to see if that helps but she wants nothing to do with that. 
 
She is wearing 6-9 month clothing but the pants she quickly grows out of because she is getting so long.  I realized the other night while I was holding her just how much longer she is.  It made me so sad. 
 
Her favorite toys right now are her stacking cups, a diaper box, pulling the bibs and burp cloths out of their baskets in the kitchen, and playing with the magnetic letters on the fridge.  She will grab a couple letters and crawl around with them. 
 
She loves going outside and going on walks and bathtime is still one of her favorite things. 
 
This month she has developed her first cold.  Sniff sniff.  I hate hearing her yucky cough.  She hasn't gotten a fever from it, but her appetite has lessened. 
 
Last week she was such a trooper doing all the things I wanted to get done.  She even hung out at Poplin while I helped a friend in her classroom for hour upon hour.  She was so good and I was so proud of her.  I love that she can be flexible like that. 
 
 
Some of the things I love about this month were:
~finding her in her crib with her babydoll sleeping on top of it...she looks like she has fallen asleep while sitting up playing with it
~getting her out of her crib and her legs are sticking through the slots of the crib and she is sitting up and bouncing
~snuggle time after her morning bottle
~when she sees a phone pointed her way she automatically smiles because she thinks her picture is being taken
~talking to herself in her crib
~helping me unload the dishwasher
~banging on the back door when she is looking outside
~shaking her head no no
~morning hugs when you get her from her crib
~waving hi and bye bye
~trying to do the hand movements to This Little Light of Mine
~open mouth kisses
~giggles when you dance with her and in front of her
~when she tries to tickle me back



No comments:

Post a Comment