Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fall in step with God

Yesterday I read a verse...one of my favs! "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm to you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11

When I read this it fell in perfectly with what I have been struggling with lately..well, really, all my life. I have a hard time trusting in God's faithfulness even though I have never been given a reason to. This verse is so beautiful and such a reminder of God's love for me...for you! God already knows what is going to happen to us...He planned it. His plans are for us to prosper. Being prosperous is having wealth in a plethora of areas of our life. In fact, God wants us to prosper in everything we do. He wants to protect us and keep us safe! He has predestined each of us with a hope we can't even fathom and a future far better than we could pick out for ourselves.

I hear a lot from people, why does God hate me? He doesn't hate you. He loves you. You may be waiting on prosperity. But, one thing you have to understand is yes God has this plan for you, but there is also satan out there. Well, then why doesn't God intervene? God wants you to choose Him. Life is full of choices and some of our choices can interfere with us stepping in line with God's plan. If you want to prosper and have a hope and a future, start making choices that fall in step with God's. I am working on it myself and so far I am feeling so much more peace. You can feel that, too!

On another note...I love you Curtis Alford!

Today I am attending a wedding of an old friend I grew up with. I love weddings! They are filled with such blessings and wonderful memories.

It has been almost 8 years since I married Curtis and God could not have picked a better partner for my life. He is SO patient, loving, kind and forgiving. I hope I am the helpmeet he needs like he is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment