Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Be Still





Be Still and know that I AM GOD. Psalms 46:10

In the hustle and bustle of every day life being still is just not on our priority list here in America. We are always on the go, always wanting more, always in a hurry and we must have instant gratification. This is not good.

I wonder how many times God whispers these words into my ear. When God said this in Psalms, he was saying Stop! Realize, completely understand, acknowledge that I AM exalted above this world. I AM in control. I Am holding this world in the palm of my hands. "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and Last, the Beginning and the End." Revelation 22:13

I am not good at being still...just the past 2 days I have been bustling over the possible grade level moves I have been hearing about. Letting myself get consumed in the fire of these thoughts...Is it me? What grade level will she put me in? Why? Do I even have a job? This doesn't leave me much room for listening to the whispers of God's voice into my heart. I have to find quiet times in my day to actively listen for God to speak to me. I really struggle with this. I have to be doing something all the time. I even have a hard time watching a movie without working on something. It drives me bonkers!
God...You sure our making more aware of all my imperfections....but bring it on! Keep refining me!
Father, help me to BE STILL, to listen...actively listen to You. Help me to know that You are in total control and to remember that there is no one I would rather have in control than You. You are my help in trouble...You are always there.

Psalms 46: 1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

No comments:

Post a Comment