Thursday, August 31, 2017

Glimpse Into Our Life (August 2017)

We started the month with our 14th wedding anniversary.  My parents watched the kids for us and we went uptown and ate dinner at a taco place and dessert at The Melting Pot and then we stayed the night at this beautiful B&B called the Duke Mansion.  It was a wonderful night away.  We actually had conversation at dinner that was quiet and informative.  I love our typical dinners of screaming to each other over the constant singing, giggling, arguing, you-name-it, but it was nice to be able to enjoy each others company without all that.  😁


We went to the zoo with a couple friends and got to see lots of animals, play in the splash pad, and just have fun being with one another.  They were as good as gold and I was very excited about how easy they were and it made me not so scared to go there by myself with all three of them.  

This is just one of the many things Evelyn has gotten into and either spilled or broken.  She is a stinker.  And that look!  Like, "what?  Is there a problem here?"

Evie loves to take the paper towels out and stack them.  I will be honest, there were days early in my motherhood years this would have driven me crazy because OCD over here.  However, with baby number 3 I have finally learned how to let some things go.  There are still many moments where I get a little tight inside over some things that are still hard to let go of, but I am getting better.  Its a process.


Sally drew her first person!  Ha!  It is so funny how their drawings will develop.

The girls love to play with their magnatiles.  They can get pretty creative with them.  They love to make castles for all their princesses.
Of course, Ava was very proud of her toilet she made.  😂


Evie enjoys pushing Ava on the little tricycle.  They love anytime outside.  




Ava has been working hard on her handwriting and drawing.  She has been using art hub for kids to learn how to draw.  She also drew a picture of me and I have teeth ( a new addition to her people). 


Ava got to help at church putting bags together for school teachers and then a few days later we all went and helped deliver them to the kids.  




We have had fun this month just being home and doing simple things like reading books, playing with play-doh, dot markers, magna tiles,  and legos.  Sometimes it is the simple things that are the most fun.  

We went to the Sno Ball Cabin last weekend and enjoyed a snow cone.  Ava and Sally both wanted Pink Lemonade, I got Margarita, and Curtis got peach.  We all just shared with Evelyn.  

It has been a simple, but full month here at our home.  So thankful I get to be home with my girls and just enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment