Thursday, August 31, 2017

Evelyn Olivia 19 months

Oh Evelyn!  I love you so much!  You are so much fun!  Busy as a bee, but sweet as can be.  I am smitten with you.  Truly.  This month you are really showing me that you are more of a toddler than a baby.  😥 In fact, today when we were getting your shoes on, you wanted to stand and hold on to my shoulder and lift your foot for me to put your shoe on.  There are other things that you are doing that show you are a toddler now.  You are getting dressed standing up now more than sitting down.  You are talking a lot.  You are listening to one and some two step directions.  You are pretty much down to one nap per day.  You know the basic fundamentals of our day.  You act as if you know your place in our family and you know you are loved.  💜💜  It is really quite special to see how you have formed your own little place in our family.  I, for one, am thankful you are a part of it!

You are talking and some words I definitely can make out are: no, all done, i "unt" (want) out, let go, shoes, cancake for pancake, iceceem, Sally Jean, mommy, daddy, bye bye, uh oh, Cinston for Winston, nighnite, diaper, play, and I am pretty sure you said "mommy, watch" while jumping on the trampoline.

You love your horsey, bath times, fruit, and all and anything sweet, car rides, music, Beauty and the Beast movie (the new one),  playing at church, playing outside, playing at friends, playing 😂😬, climbing, stealing other peoples food, climbing the stairs,  stealing your sisters drinks, reading books.  Some of your favorite books are The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear Brown Bear.

You do not like being confined, getting your nose sucked out (and believe me, it isn't the highlight of my day either! 🤢 You don't like it when you are snuggling and one of your sisters comes to join us.  You don't like peanut butter and jelly, chicken, veggies.  You actually aren't liking a lot of food right now unless it is mac and cheese, fruit or some sort of carb.

You wake up every morning by 7:30, but I usually leave you in there until 8:00.  You never fuss about that.  You just play and talk to yourself in your bed.  You eat breakfast.  You like to have fruit, breakfast bar and french toast the best in the morning.  You play and play and play and get into things, then stuff, and then more things.  You usually have the playroom torn up by 9:00 and then you do some more tearing into things.  By noon, you have lunch with some goldfish thrown in there in between breakfast and lunch.  You like to do whatever your sisters do after lunch and then you go down for a nap for about 2 hours.  After nap, we all better hope you have woken up on your own.  Otherwise we are prepared for a groucho.  If you wake up on your own, you are pretty pleasant and will eat.  I usually have to make sure dinner is on your tray before you come down.  You do not like to wait for your food.  😡😡  If we wake you from your nap you are a beast.  I am prepared to either not eat dinner because you just want to be held or be able to eat with you on my lap nestled up against me.  Honestly, I don't mind the grouchiness, because it means snuggle time for mommy.  😍
Shortly after dinner and some play time, you go to bed around 8-8:30.

You are wearing 18- 24 month clothing, mostly.  You drink about 18 ounces of whole milk per day (mostly).  You are weighing around 21 lbs.  You seem to prefer using your left hand...we will see if that changes. Your eyes are a deeper blue.  Your nails grow at a ferocious speed.  You wear size 3 and 4 shoes.  You are happiest when you are exploring and grumpiest when you are tired and/or hungry.

We all really just love you.  You are quite the blessing...more than I could have ever imagined.  I am one lucky mommy to have such preciousness surrounding me day after day.  You are going to be a force for God.  I pray your joyful spirit will abound and overflow onto others.

xoxox
Mommy














No comments:

Post a Comment