Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016



Wow!  This year has been full.  We have 2 beautiful, healthy little girls.  We have been blessed by Curtis' job.  We have come close to making some major decisions for our families future.  We were blessed with a third pregnancy.  And so much more.

I look around me and I am so thankful.  But, I also look around and know others who have not had the greatest year.  Job losses, marriage and family issues, health issues, loss of loved ones.  For some the year 2016 is a year some would like to forget or have a do over.

Around the world, Christians are being persecuted for their faith.  People are being killed just because they won't convert to another religion or just because they are westerners.  People have had to flee from their homes and country.  Families have had to endure the loss of their sons/daughters being beheaded by these terrorists.

There is now more division in our own country than there has been in a very long time.  Police officers are being targeted as the enemy.  Race has become a major divider in this country once again.  People are extremely worried about the next election and who will be the president of this country.  We are worried about terrorists hitting this country.  Everyone is on edge and scared.  In fact,  I feel more scared now than I did after September 11th.

I don't know what 2016 has in store.  I am praying for good and wonderful things.  I am praying for marriages to be reconciled.  For families to be united.  For jobs to be provided to those who need them.  For health to be restored.  For those who have lost someone they have loved to be comforted.  For God to appoint the right president in this country. For our eyes to be opened and for us to wake up as a country.  For these terrorists to be dealt with.

Somedays it is hard to be joyful in all these circumstances.  I know.  I deal with my joy being sapped from all the time as I worry about all these things and the future for my daughters.  I have to be put in my place constantly and be reminded by scripture and caring friends and family.

I hope 2016 will bring you all love and peace.  Remember, as hard it may seem to see how times, God's got this.  His hand is in everything.  We can't always see it or feel it.  And the media does a great job of covering up His work, but He is there.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment