Tuesday, December 1, 2015

What's Up with Ava (November)

 

Oh my!  Can I tell this child is getting ready to turn 3.  She is exuberant.  She is mouthy.  She is Miss Attitude.  She is independent.  She is whiny.  She is bossy. She is an eye roller.  Hmmmm...what else?  I do love her to pieces, but my goodness, what do I do with all that.  

The month of November has been jam packed.  But I would say our BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT IS....

AVA IS POTTY TRAINED
WHOOP WHOOP!!!!


I truly thought we would NEVER make it to this wonderful place.  It had to totally be her idea..as does everything else in Ava's world.  But once she was ready, it was like a 2 day training process.  The voila, she got it.  She can do both number 1 and number 2 in the potty, without any issues and gets through the night and naps dry (most of the time).  We are so very proud of her!  
She also went to Ohio for Thanksgiving.  She did pretty good on the trip, minus the constant attitude.  She had tons of fun with all her cousins and was sad to leave.  She enjoyed her Thanksgiving dinner, especially the green beans.  

She had a ton of fun in preschool this month and made many things with turkeys.  She also got to visit our good friends, the Loftis' and she had a blast with them.   

Her vocabulary is really growing.  Some of it is cute and some not so cute.  The other day I asked her if she would go pick up the playroom and she said, "I just can't.  I am too busy in my life."   

Some other things she has said are:
"You eat your soup.  You eat your soup, too."  This was when we were nagging her about eating her grapes and I guess she wanted to shut us up.  

"I wake up dis morning.  I dreamed about God.  Sally dreamed about cookies."  This was said the other morning because we thought it was funny when Sally told us she dreamed about cookies when we asked her.  I guess Ava wanted to repeat it so we would laugh again.  

"I am happy you so proud of me mommy."  This was when she did a number 2 in the potty after having a really hard time being able to do it.  She was scared to death of doing a number 2 in the potty.  But she has finally made it through that short phase.  


"No say no.  Say yes."  This was when she wanted to go outside with her cousins in Ohio.  I guess she had heard no a lot that day.  


These are just some of the little, funny things that come out of her mouth.   

She is turning 3 on Saturday.  I can't believe I have gotten to be her mommy for 3 years now.  What a blessing she is.  What an incredible gift I have been given.  I do love her so!  

Precious fall pictures taken by Kelly Byrd


 
someone was very sleepy on our way home from Ohio.  She stayed in a dry pull up for 6 hours of this trip.  Amazing!


She slept with us one night at my aunt and uncles house because she woke up screaming and saying she was scared. 

getting over our fear of doing number 2's in the potty meant a trip to Sweet Frog's. 


eating a waffle with nutella for breakfast.

Ava made a name turkey.

Over at our friends house (The Loftis').  Ava loves her some Justin and Jordan.  Wish so bad she could have met their brother, Josh.  She would have adored him, too. I am sure he is helping to watch over her too since he knew how badly we wanted to have a baby.  We got pregnant with Ava right before he left this world and went to be with Jesus. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment