Monday, February 10, 2014

38 Weeks

38 Weeks

How far along? 38 weeks and  0 days.

How far to go? 14 days, but because I am having a c-section, it is really only 8 days left

Due Date: February 24, 2014 BUT C-SECTION IS SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 18TH! So really I have 1 weeks and 5 days left. Its going to be a long 1 week and 1 day!

Baby? Typically, a baby at this point would be about the size of a watermelon.  I think Sally is probably the size of a big watermelon.  Her brain is still growing at a very fast rate.  She doesn't have pinkish skin anymore.  It is more white.   

Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity clothes always...there is no way on God's green earth I could wear normal clothes. But even those are getting tight and uncomfortable. I am going to have to stick it out...No need to buy more when I am only 12 days away from getting this baby out.   

Stretch Marks: I am getting them pretty bad on my stomach and behind....:(

Pregnancy Symptoms: I have to use the restroom often especially after Braxton Hicks contractions. . I also have been having major middle back pain, heartburn/indigestion, acid reflux, I am emotional, slight hip pain, breathlessness big time,  nauseous constant headaches, and dizziness and light headed, sore lower abdomen,Pelvic pressure, fatigue and some other unmentionable pregnancy symptoms. *Note the large font size...those are big pregnancy symptoms. I am feeling very done with this by this point and just want to feel normal again and not constantly icky and in a funk.

Sleeping:  Last night (and the past couple nights) I end up in tears because I CANNOT get comfortable. My middle back pain has been atrocious!  It is a miserable feeling.   

Best feeling this week:  It is getting really hard to pinpoint a good feeling this week...I guess it would be having Dr. Wicker everything is ok. 

Movement: She rolls a lot more.  She had the hiccups for a really long time today.

Cravings/Aversions: manderin oranges, pimento cheese and crackers, cheerios

Belly Button: In, but almost, out

What I miss:  Being able to move around without the big watermelon in the way 
 
What am I looking forward to: Holding Sally in my arms! 
I went 40 weeks with Ava and don't remember being this miserable.  I was whiny, but it was mostly because I was so anxious to meet that little girl!  While I am anxious for that this time around, as well, I am so utterly uncomfortable.  I just haven't felt "right."  I have been experiencing nausea, a constant headache, dizziness, light headedness.  It was worrisome to me.  I decided to make an appointment earlier in the week.  I met with Dr.  Wicker.  He is the doctor that will deliver Sally via
c-section.  Dr. Wicker believes I have Esophagitis. He is having me take Pepcid AC 2 times per day and tums through out the day.  I had also not felt Sally move hardly at all this morning.  They hooked me up to a monitor and as soon as she put it on that little booger started hiccuping and moving all over the place.  Her heartrate was good...everything looked good for her.  My blood pressure and urine sample were fine.  I had some other questions like:
Can I be on a medicine to ease my anxiety about the spinal?  No, it would relax baby too much.
Will they put the catheter in when I am numb? yes (thank goodness!)
Can I have another c-section?  He said the worry comes in really after the third one
He reexplained the risks to me of a c-section but said they are slim.
I can have a couple glasses of water around 3 am before the c-section.
Dr. Wicker is a character.  I asked him if I was measuring big.  He said he didn't care, that there was a hole there already that he could get a big baby out of. 
I asked him if he thought it was about 8 lbs yet? Yes
Bigger? Yes, probably. 
Holy cow! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment