Sunday, December 8, 2013

28 weeks

28 Weeks


How far along? 28 weeks and 6 days.

How far to go?   days to go!

Due Date: February 24, 2014

Baby? Sally should be about 2.5 pounds and 16 inches long. She should be able to hiccup, cough, practice breathing, and suck now.  She should also be dreaming during the REM cycle of sleeping.    

Maternity Clothes:  I am in maternity clothes all the time now.  I LOVE my maternity skinny jeans.  

Stretch Marks: I have a couple on my belly and other places...:(

Pregnancy Symptoms: my hunger never seems satisfied, I don't feel like anything I eat converts to energy, tired, sleeplessness, braxton hicks, sciatica on the right side, and a few unmentionables.

Sleeping: I have not been sleeping as comfortably. I get up atleast 2 times per night to go to the bathroom. I toss and turn....this little booger lays right down on the bladder.

Best feeling this week:  Sally kicking me so hard it hurt...just a reminder that she is in there and growing and active. Hearing her heartbeat.  Her heart rate was 136.

Movement: She is a mover and a shaker.  I haven't had to sit and be quiet to do her movement counts because she moves a lot.  She is loving the bladder.  Lindsay, the midwife, said she isn't head down, which doesn't surprise me.  The girl seems all over the place.    

Cravings/Aversions: I am craving much of what I don't need to be eating. 

Belly Button: In.

What I miss: Being able to sleep through the night and not be in pain when I am sleeping. My hips start to hurt when I lay on my sides too long. Unfortunately, laying on your sides in the recommended way to lay instead of on your back.  And there is no possible way I could sleep on my belly...there's a big bulge and a sweet baby in the way. 

What am I looking forward to:   Figuring out what we are going to do with Sally's room.

This week I was screened for gestational diabetes.  I failed.  My numbers were 143.  I can't remember what the cut off is for pregnant women.  I was extremely upset over the news and cried and pouted most of that day.  I now have to go to the 3 hour screening to see if I actually have it.  That is scheduled for 8:45 on the 16th of December.   

No comments:

Post a Comment