Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 9-baby 2

I am 9 weeks and 2 days today.  All I have to say is this first trimester needs to be over!  I have been sick most of the time.  I was so desperate I called the doctor to see what could be done to ease the pain.  They had me try vitamin B6 but that did nothing for me.  So, then we moved on to Zofran.  It helps the vomiting, but I still feel pretty nauseous throughout the day.The hardest part is there is nothing I can eat that gives any relief to the nausea. Crackers, cheerios, bread don't last but during the moment I am eating them. However, with the Zofran, I have been able to eat more food and by body doesn't reject it.  I have been extremely tired and very stuck in like a depressed state.  I am not sure what that is all about...never felt that way with Ava.  I was so thrilled the entire time.  This is definitely going differently than the last pregnancy.  I know I should be extremely grateful for being pregnant.  It is what I prayed for.  But, I think week after week of not feeling good and being tired takes a toll on you. 

We go to the doctor on Friday.  Hopefully we will hear a heartbeat with the Doppler. 

On another note, Ava is officially crawling (at a snails pace) but still.  She is getting around faster and faster every day.  I am constantly having to watch her like a hawk as she crawls towards the TV wires (we've really got to do something about those) and our shoes.  I have shoes randomly thrown all over the house where Ava can't see them.  Maybe we should be putting them in the closet, but who has time for that? 

Thank goodness for Curtis!  He has been so supportive, loving and patient with me during this more difficult pregnancy.  He is great with Ava when he gets home and basically takes over even after he has worked a long day.  He washes bottles, sweeps the kitchen, vacuums the carpet, does laundry, and whatever else I need done.  I am very blessed with my little, growing family.  However, I am very ready to welcome in the 2nd trimester in just a few more weeks.  Come, 2nd trimester, Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment