Saturday, July 6, 2013

week 6- Baby 2

I am 6 weeks and boy to I know it!  I have had a rough week.  This week I have had many food aversions. They are so bad that I can't plan out a weeks worth of dinners because I never know if I will actually be able to eat it.  We have ended up going to the store every other day after I can figure out what I can stomach.  I don't remember having so many food aversions when I was pregnant with Miss Ava.  Although, even though I was pregnant this time last year, that pregnancy is a blur.  I remember being nauseated, but I don't remember it being all day.  Another difference is that I could eat Cheerios and that would help me feel better when I would be nauseated.  This time there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of anything that really works and takes the nausea away. 

Last night I was really sore in my abdomen.  I am sure those were round ligament pains.  It feels like your stomach has done a workout and let me tell you, there have been no stomach workouts over here! 

I had one night of very painful heartburn.  Thought I was having a heart attack.  It hurt really bad. 

I feel like such a bad mommy.  I don't feel like playing much and I just want to hold Ava and hope that she is ok with just hanging out with me on the couch.

I feel like a horrible wife because there has been NO cleaning coming from me.  I mean NONE!  I have no energy and get sick feeling.  Poor Curtis!  But he is doing an excellent job of picking up my slack! 

At 6 weeks until you see that baby on an ultrasound and hear the heartbeat, you wonder if you really are growing a baby.  I find comfort in the nausea because it is a reminder that there is a little someone growing in there, but wish I could be handling it better than I am.  I am truly thankful for this little life and to God for giving us another opportunity to parent.  But, I will say, I am ready for the 2nd trimester to come.  I am ready to have some energy back and not feel so icky.  I am sure Ava and Curtis are ready for that, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment