Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11 remembered

We stayed home from church today. We stayed home to reflect on what happened 10 years ago today. I remember that day so clearly. I remember running to my dorm room to call my mom and get a hold of my dad who was traveling to the pentagon for a meeting. I remember people crying. I remember being so angry...everyone so angry. I remember watching the buildings fall and seeing devastating pictures on the tv in NYC. That was a day I will never forget. It still brings tears to my eyes and it burns a hole in my heart.

But what I feel on this day is NOTHING compared to those who have lost family members to this tragedy. I do not understand the total pain they have to live through every day of their lives. I will never understand what they go through day in and day out. I will never understand the worry and fear those who have loved ones who are fighting for this country because of that day must have...the day war was declared on us.

I am always thinking about that day. Not just on 9-11. Those memories and thoughts are always pinned in the back of my brain. To the families who have lost loved ones on that day and to those who have lost loved ones to fight for the USA because of that day; I am so sorry for your loss. I know this day and every other day must be so difficult for you. I am always praying and thinking of you. To those who have allowed their husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, daughters, sons, brothers, sisters, grandsons, grandaughters, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends fight for our freedom and rights in this country, thank you.

To our brave service men and women, thank you for all you do. Freedom comes with a price. Thank you for paying that price for us. Thank you for putting your lives on the line for people you don't know and for the country that you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment