Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I wonder???

I wonder about many things throughout my day...I remember thinking on my way to work this morning as I drove through my neighborhood and saw lights turning on and the roads starting to show glimpses of life again and soon enough, another busy day beginning again, if this is what God had intended for us? I know the answer to that. He didn't have this in mind when He created us. He had us living in a beautiful garden living with animals and everything going along peacefully. If only Eve would have had strong will and courage to stay away from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and to resist the temptation to eat that forbidden fruit. Life would be so much more peaceful and different...to think I would actually be able to talk with animals. I mean the snake who was satan talked to Eve in the garden, tempting her to the tree. AND!!! she wasn't scared of the snake! Times were different then!
After another day at work and talking to others that have finished their day at work, I know this is not what God had in mind. But, it is what it is. We are here because of a choice made long ago and now we are paying the price by working long hours, being endlessly tired, feeling pushed, shoved, pulled in every which way and trying hard just to make a living. However, we still haven't paid the ultimate price. The price Christ paid for us on a cross. And I am truly thankful for that. So, tomorrow, when I feel like I can't do anymore, I hope I remember the price Christ paid and remember that there is nothing I can ever do that will ever amount to the sacrifice He made for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment