Monday, May 2, 2011

Big Dreams

I am a typical girl who had and has big dreams. When I was little I dreamed of being a little princess, marrying prince charming (which did come true :) and having a unicorn. I dreamed of being a professional equestrian jumper and rider, I dreamed of being a pilot for commercial airlines, I dreamed of being a irish dancer or playing the violin for the Riverdance, I dreamed of living on an island. But as I grew up, things in my life changed. I had to sell my horse because my mom was afraid Jazz wouldn't get a lot of attention with me going 16 hours away to college. It broke my heart to see my beautiful arabian mare go to a new home. My dreams of being a pilot were not long lived...that was a very temporary dream.

As I have gotten older, priorities changed. Paths changed, ideas changed, feelings changed, life changed, I changed!
When I would work with orphans during the summer I realized, I want to adopt or one day be the momma at an orphanage. I would also like to have a camp for children with all different needs where they can come and take care of horses, ride horses, anything involving horses. These are things that may not happen in the anywhere near future, but they are dreams that I could see in my future someday.

The past few months, I have been contemplating my job situtation. I love my children, I love teaching. I do not like the politics involved in it. It takes so much away from the actual job of teaching and knowing what our kids do and do not need. So much time is spent on worthless, meaningless, small things, that in the big scheme of things, DO NOT matter.

A dream that has recently come to me is one that involves the church I am now going to, Center City Church. Center City wants to start a coffee house called Ebenezer's Coffeehouse, here in Charlotte. Ebenezer's Coffeehouse is already in existence in D.C., but this church is trying to extend it to here. It is a multiple use venue where we can reach out to the community. One way David Docusen has mentioned reaching out to the community that really speaks to me is doing an after school. I would love to be in charge of that. I do not have a clue what that would entail, I don't know what I am doing, but God does. If you are reading this, please pray for this. Please pray for guidance and God's voice to be heard. I do not want to do something that He does not see favorable for my life or those at Center City or those in the community.

So those are my dreams. Ones that are closer than others, but exciting all the same! What are your dreams? Remember, you can have the best dreams planned out for you and your life, but Gods dreams and plans for you are so much bigger and better than anything you could ever imagine for yourself. Put your faith, trust, and hope in Him. He can work and will work miracles in your life if you allow Him to. He can make all your dreams come true and you will live happily ever after with Him for eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment