Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Evelyn is 17 months old!!!


Evelyn Olivia 17 Months
7/1/17


Evelyn, you are so wonderful in every way.  You are so sweet, cuddly, silly and cute.  I have been so blessed to have you and to know you.  You bring a lot of joy to me and your daddy, as well as, your sisters and everyone else who knows you.  You are a happy baby unless you are tired or "HANGRY".   

Just this morning, I was reading a blog I wrote on your sister, Ava when she was like 19 months old and I wanted to get across to everyone how busy she was, but in all honesty, she didn't or even still can hold a candle to your level of busyness and curiosity.  
For instance, the other day you were getting the drawer under the oven out and used that as your stepping stool to get on top of the oven.  You crawled up onto the kitchen table chairs to get on top of the kitchen table and were trying to touch the lighting above the table.  Add a few more inches and you will be hanging off of it.  You like to climb up on the couch and try to stand on the back of it.  Thankfully, you haven't mastered climbing yet so it takes you a while to get up on stuff.  Sometimes, you try and try and then give up and move on to something else.  But it is only a matter of time when you will be able to get up on the kitchen chairs and couch with little to no effort at all.  😂

You love hanging with your sisters.  You follow them around a lot.  You get lots and lots of giggles from them and find such pleasure out of making them laugh.  Class clown may be in your future.  You love to put on sun glasses or hats and come in the room we are all in and say "DADA!!!!"   On the flip side, I will find you playing alone, too.  Sometimes you will sneak off to the playroom and I will catch you playing with the bracelets or brushing your hair at the vanity.  You also like to pull books out and look at them or play with the tea cart.  

You still enjoy bouncing in your bouncy chair.  I promise we won't have you bouncing in that when you are a teenager.  But, as long as you are willing and enjoy and aren't falling out of it, it is nice to have around so I can get things done and not be constantly ushering you out of the kitchen cabinets, pantry, bathroom, what have you.  

You are starting to enjoy pool time.  You HATED it at first.  But you are now warming up to it.  🙏 I am grateful for our neighborhood pool and how child friendly it is.  You have two big sisters that are waterbugs, so while you play in the very shallow part and the fountains I can stick with you and still have eyes on the other two and feel pretty confident that they will be ok.  

You love to eat.  You love cheese, bread, yogurt, fruit, turkey dogs, fish, and sometimes chicken.  You are not a fan of peanut butter and most meats and veggies.    Your favorite food is Mac&Cheese.  You will stuff your face with that.  You love pretty much any fruit, especially grapes, blueberries and pineapple.  You tolerate your milk.  
  
You sleep well.  Most days you at least take a 2-3 hour nap, and if you aren't sleeping all that time, you quietly hum and talk to your stuffed animals.  There are some days you get cranky around 10 (depending on how early you get up) and you will take like an hour nap before lunch.  You go to bed around 8:30-9:00 and I usually get you at 8 am.  I hardly ever have to get up with you.  I actually can't remember the last time you woke up in the middle of the night and one of us needed to take care of you. I thank you for that!  

I have no idea how much you weigh, but you are wearing mostly 18 or 18-24 month clothing.  Size 4 diapers still fit rather well on you.  

I actually called your doctor today because I forgot to schedule your 18 month visit for next month and the lady on the phone informed me that I never brought you in for your 15 month well visit.  You are such a 3rd child!!!!  In fact, you eat food off of the floor,  you get squeezed, pushed and pulled to death by your sisters, you are on much less of a schedule than the other two were at your age, you got into potting soil with fertilizer and I didn't freak out, I don't dress you most days (there have been several days lately where we haven't gone anywhere and you are either still in your pj's from the night before or just in a diaper when daddy comes home from work.  You fit right in with your sisters...I  have given up dressing them unless we are going somewhere, because they take off their clothes constantly now, so what's the point!?!? They don't even want to wear pj's anymore!!!!)  

You do ok being handed over to other people.  You will pretty much go to anyone, but you are very excited when we come and get you from church nursery.  I love to be the one to pick you up because you see me and start squealing and it is just the cutest thing.  

There is so much to love about you.  You are a great baby (or toddler)....
It is sad to think my baby days are behind me.  You are a joy.  I know God will use you in His Kingdom to bring others to Him by your radiant joy and love for others.  

We love you, Evelyn Olivia.  














No comments:

Post a Comment