Monday, August 8, 2016

First Pool Day (and so far only)

I use to LOVE going to the pool, but now, when I should doubly love it, I found myself avoiding it ALL costs.  With three kids, and the oldest being only three years old, going to the pool has not been a very easy or enjoyable task.  Ava loves the water and now that she is BEGINNER swim lessons, she thinks she is a professional swimmer so she has to be watched like a hawk.  Sally, the defiant one and the I-want-to-do-the-opposite-of-what-you-want-me-to-do one didn't want to be anywhere near the water.  Of course, right?  And, Evelyn was so little, I didn't want her out in the sun too much.  So, it is hard to say if she would have like the water or not.  She was also very tired.  I was exhausted and the worst part of this...I wasn't even by myself.  I had my sister, her 2 kids and my other 2 nieces.  What the heck?
Ava had fun playing in the water with her cousins, her friends, and by herself.  Sometimes she can be such a loner.  Sally preferred to spend her time needing to either be held or snacking the whole entire time and the other half of the time she fussed.  Evie ended up sleeping and sitting with my sister.   I wish I could say I was supermom and got them to the pool a few times per week, but we haven't been back since.  Hopefully, next summer things will be a little less complicated and a lot more enjoyable.
























Love those curls!


No comments:

Post a Comment