Thursday, September 10, 2015

What's up with Ava (Aug./Sept. 2015)

Ava is starting to turn into a 3 year old.  She has found her autonomy and can be Miss Attitude.  Her mouth can sometimes get her into trouble and I just wonder sometimes, where am I going wrong?

I know it is normal.  I know she is 3.  I know this is a part of life, but I had no idea how so much of this is out of my control.  And, for a control freak like me, that is not good.

She has had more outbursts than she has ever had and she almost lives to irritate Sally.

But then, there are these other sweet moments.  Like, a few weekends ago, I was extremely emotional.  I was sitting on the couch crying and throwing myself a pity party and Ava saw my tears and asked me over and over again what was wrong and if I was ok and she brought me a blanket and cuddled up with me.

Or the time she stayed with her Mimi for the afternoon and cleaned up her mess during her quiet time so Mimi didn't have to.

She is super gentle, caring and compassionate.  I know there is SO MUCH HOPE for her.  But, honestly, I feel like I screw it up for her a lot.  I don't know when I am being too hard on her and when I am not hard enough.

Lately, I just pray for her and me.  I pray that she chooses obedience over rebellion.  I pray that she is a vessel of love.   I pray that her heart is tender to the needs of others.  I pray that her attitude is kept in control.








She has completed 2 days of preschool with her teachers Mrs. Maleah and Mrs. Kayla.  She loves school and has a ton of fun.  I miss her those 3 hours, two days a week, but it makes my heart smile when I pick her up and she is so happy!

She loves to paint, play with stickers and watch The Magic School Bus episodes on Netflix.  Her favorite episode is the spider one.  Go figure!





No comments:

Post a Comment