Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Baby #3 It's a Girl (17 weeks)

How far along? 17 weeks and  4 days.

How far to go? forever...157 days to go

Due Date: February 6, 2016, but I will have to have a csection so I am thinking this baby will be born at the end of January.


Baby? size of a turnip.  We had the anatomy scan this week.  As always the ultrasound was amazing.  Afterwards, we did get a bit of news that was a little scary for me.  The doctor told me that the baby has a chromoid plexus cyst in her brain fluid, which is sometimes an indicator of Downs Syndrome.  She said she would not worry and thinks everything is fine.  She said everything else in the ultrasound looked perfect and that usually, if there was more of a risk, they would see more wrong or concerning in the u/s.  Because I am 33, the risk is a bit higher and they (the doctors practice) is obligated to tell us.  Curtis did some research and said he does not think we need to worry.  I hate the fact that I am even worried about it.  I know families who have children with Down's and they are stronger for it, but I do question MY ability to be a mother to a child with special needs.  Whatever she comes out like, I pray that I am capable and that she feels loved by me.  But, of course, I am praying also that she is perfectly normal.  As selfish as that sounds, that is where I am with this.  I am sure she will be ok...


Maternity Clothes: I live in maternity leggings.  

Stretch Marks: Not anything new...yet.

Pregnancy Symptoms:  I feel either hungry or nauseous all the time.  It's weird, but I have a hard time telling the difference between the two.  Lots and lots of headaches, especially in the lower right hand side of my head.  

Sleeping:  I sleep ok.  Sometimes I sleep through the night, sometimes I don't.  

Best feeling this week:  Seeing the baby on ultrasound.  

Movement: Not yet, but anxiously awaiting.  

Cravings/Aversions: I like food.  Do not like the smell of beer.  


Belly Button: In

What I miss:  Having more energy and feeling closer to 100%.
What am I looking forward to: Meeting this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment