Tuesday, January 13, 2015

winning the battle over fear

Can life get any better than that?
Are there ever times in your life where you are just breathing in blessing after blessing.  You know, when you look around at the toys strewn all over the place, the plates in the sink mounting, trash that hasn't ended up in the trashcan for one reason or another, blankets tossed all over the family room floor, miscellaneous items not put in the place, but you find yourself loving it? 

That is where I am this morning.  I am so blessed.  I have a loving, kind husband who is so patient with me.  Who loves me for me, moodiness and angst ridden included.  I have 2 beautiful, healthy, growing, developing normal, and well loved little girls.  I have had constant companion in my little dog who can't seem to stand being anywhere but in the same room as me.  I have my parents, sister and her family and brother and his family who all live within 15 minutes or closer to my house.  I am surrounded my loving friends and I get to go to a church where I have met so many kind people who accept me for me and help me to grow spiritually and in so many other areas.  I have a God who knows my sin but calls me by name.  I have a God who will fight every battle for me and my family. 

I tend to get wrapped up in the scary and evil things going on all over the world.  I tend to dwell in those things and forget all of the loving kindness God has shown me.  But I am fighting alongside God right now and He is winning the battle for me.  Because this morning, I am seeing the great and wonderful things that I am surrounded by...so much of it is within the very walls where I live. 

I am blessed.  So.Very.Blessed. 

Thank you God for helping me to fight the battles that loom over me when I hear the evil news of this world we live  in.  I thank You that this is not our permanent home.  I thank You for blessing me immensely in this temporary home You have given me.  Father, help me to win the battle over fear and anxiety and to trust in Your ever-present help and Your powerful and loving arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment