Monday, January 19, 2015

Sally Jean 11 Months




Mustang Sally! Girl, you better slow your mustang down!  I mean that... You are something else!  Your personality is exuberant.  You are an opinionated little thing.  You make all your likes and dislikes known.  You are going to put up quite a fight with your sister when she irritates you and you give THE.BEST.SMILES.AND.GIGGLES.  Everytime I look at you an instantaneous grin appears on my face. 

You enjoy tummy tickles and when I tickle you with my hair.  You enjoy bath time.  You get all giggly when you see your bottles being prepared.  You love toys and studying everything.  The kitchen cabinets are a source of contention for me.  You are way more determined to get into them than Ava was and I told Daddy that we HAVE to do something about them. 

You are getting much better at sleeping through the night...AGAIN!  We decided that I was just going to have to let you cry it out.  After doing that all last week, I was able to stay in bed all night long going on over a week now. 

You take 2 naps per day.  One around 10 and one around 2pm.  Your typical wakeup time is between7:30 and 8 am. 

You eat about 22-24 ounces of formula per day and 3 meals per day.  You do not enjoy any food that comes in the color green. You know where some of Ava's snack foods are and you can open the drawer. Just today, you opened the drawer, grabbed a fruit and veggie pouch, and crawled over to me with it in one of your hands and you knew that you were suppose to eat it.  I opened it for you and you sucked it down and got very upset when it was all gone.  From then, we moved to the high chair and you had a container of fruit and about 2 tablespoons of cereal mixed with some bananas, mangos, and carrots.  You like to eat, I think. 

You wear 12-18 month clothing.  You are a little chunky but I love it! You have rolls in all the perfect, most adorable places!

You celebrated your first Christmas this year.  You were very blessed with your family's generosity. 
You were also a participant in your  big sister's 2nd birthday!  This time last year, we were anxiously awaiting your arrival and mommy was extremely big and a bit uncomfortable. 

You prefer to be held, but you don't want us to sit down.  That would mean you aren't going to be on the go and that is just not okay in your opinion.  And believe me, you make that WELL known.  You pull up on everything and you are getting very brave by letting go.  It is only a matter of time when you decide to take some steps.  You like to talk.  You jibber jabber all the time and you say uh oh.  It is so cute.   


Fun Facts about you:
  • you love to play peek-a-boo
  • you don't like toys being taken from you
  • you enjoy the Tupperware cabinet
  • you HATE being put in the car seat
  • you can soothe yourself to sleep
  • You despise socks and tights
  • You still suck on a pacifier
  • You are like changing 10 octopi all at once
  • You love to tip Winston's water bowl over
  • You are obsessed with getting ahold of the dirty diapers
We just love you so much.  You are a light in our lives.  There is never a dull moment with you because you are such a curious little thing and get yourself into predicaments quite easily.  You watch Ava like a hawk and want to do all the "big kid" things she is doing.  Sally, we are blessed beyond measure.  I put a chalkboard in your room and I wrote that "you make me happy when skies are gray" and I picked that out especially for you because you truly do.  You can lift my spirit anytime.  I love you. 

xoxoxo,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment