Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sally Jean 9 months old

Oh, Sally!  Goodness, do I love you?!?!?!  You are so sweet and so special.  Even when you wake up at night, I look forward to cuddling with you (most of the time, if you want me to be honest.)  You are a cuddly little thing.  What a gift you have been to us. 

You are housing 5 teeth in your mouth now.  It has caused some discomfort for you and lack of sleep for all of us...even your sister.  Because, even though you are super sweet, you are super loud when you are upset.  I can't imagine where you would get your loud mouth from.  :)  Anyway, you also had a yucky cold which was also waking you because you would get so stuffed up you couldn't breath.  There were several nights this month I ended up on the downstairs couch with you so you wouldn't wake anyone else.  Even though I am tired during those times, they are still precious moments with you. 

You are a big time crawler, now.  You do this really odd thing, though.  You crawl with one fist closed on our carpet and the other hand is open like it should be.  Then, once you get to the wood floor, you open the fist and crawl with both hands looking normal.  I am wondering if you have a sensory issue with the carpet.  With your new found skill, you are enjoying getting into everything you can get your little mitts on.  Even your sister is saying often, "No Saye".  She can't quite say your name with the l's. 

You are back to enjoying your bottles and food.  I gave you some puffs and rice krispies and you didn't seem to enjoy those as much.  Hopefully, that will get better and easier for you. 

Your sleeping habits are fickle.  You have been waking up about 2 times per night.  I have been trying to remember if this was before the time change or after.    You don't seem to be as flexible as your sister, but that's ok.  Each person is uniquely and wonderfully made by God. 

I feel as if your mid section is getting a bit tubbier.  I love it!  Chunky babies are the best!  There is so many chunks I can smooch on!  You are getting longer, as well.  You are quickly outgrowing some of the new clothes we got you.  But, you still look like a little peanut.  I look at you and do not think you look at all like a 9 month old. 

You are awesome at playing with toys in the playroom.  You and your sister play well.  Sometimes, she gets in trouble for stealing toys from you, but she is usually quick to return them if she is told to.  She really does love you so much and loves to make you giggle.  Today she was teaching you how to wave and say hello.  You think your sister is wildly funny...and she is.  You have more of a laid back personality in that you still enjoy being cuddled and loved on.  Ava doesn't have any time for that.  You also really explore your toys and your sister didn't.  She just wanted to use her toys to make as much noise and mess as possible. 

You are wearing 9-12 month clothing now.  Sniff sniff...You do not like things on your head or feet.  You fight me on that way more than Ava did.  I was expecting it to happen, but not this soon.  Oh well. 

Sally, we all love you so much.  You bring us such joy and so many smiles and so many moments where we feel so blessed.  I am one lucky mommy (although, luck really had nothing to do with it)








.  I think you are amazing and I hope you will grow up knowing how much you are loved and cherished. 

Love you Always and Forever,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment