Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ava 23 Months



Oh my!  I love, love, love, LOVE this girl.  She is tons of fun, tons of work, and tons of laughs.  She sure does keep me on my toes and give me a run for my money.  I need a LOT of wisdom from God on how to raise this one.  She can be quite challenging.  She is strong willed, hard headed and stubborn, extremely social, and determined.  But, those things are such great qualities to have, as long as, I can direct them in the right direction. 

Ava is talking so much more now.  She picks up on things very quickly and is SUCH a great big sister.  We have moved all of her toys into our front room so she has more room to play and so I don't have to be staring at her toys "thrown up" all over the room.  This has given her a lot of independence and she enjoys it.  She does love for Sally to be in the playroom with her.  She loves to have company around at all times. 

I love her joyful spirit.  She finds such humor in so many different things.  She is a typically happy little girl, but can also be easily annoyed.  She absolutely loves her Pop pop and Daddy.  She has Pop pop wrapped around those little fingers and her Daddy is such a great daddy to her.  I read this and realize that I am so blessed. 

I have come to realize that I don't need the big, decorated home to be happy.  In fact, that will often bring troubles....having to keep up with everything and everyone.  I don't have time for that.   Our time here is short and I want to invest it with my family.  Not having to work has been such a huge blessing.  Have I had to make material sacrifices? Yes, but I don't regret it or want anything different.  Ava has made me realize just how special each moment we have is.  She has helped me to see that lives are more important than stuff.  She has opened my heart to know that home is wherever she and her daddy and sister are. 

Ava has not been much of a great eater for me lately.  She doesn't have the patience to sit still long enough to eat.  She does like peas though, strangely enough.  Oh, and she will make time to eat sweet things.  Unfortunately, I think she has inherited my sweet tooth. 

Some sweet moments this month with Ava:
Singing Jesus Loves Me to Sally when she was crying
Hugging Sally and telling her "it's ok."
E hugs (Big hugs)
Uh you (love you) said in whispers
Helping mommy put dirty dishes in the sink and sweeping the floor

Ava loves to sing and dance.  She loves music and Disney movies.  She loves going to her grandparents house.  I try to get her over there once a week and she never gets bored.  She loves being outside.  She loves sliding down slides.  She loves going to play at church. 

She now tells us when she has a dirty diaper.  She says, "poop poop."  But, she still has no interest in actually going potty in her potty.  She will sit on it, but nothing happens.  She loves to have someone to play with.  Lately, I have come to realize that may be one reason God blessed us with Sally so soon.  So Ava would have a playmate.  She does pretty well with her.  The other day she took a sticky note out of Sally's hands that Sally was putting in her mouth and brought it to me.  This was a huge thing, since before, Ava was the one sticking food in Sally's mouth to have her try.

This child may frustrate me and wear me out...completely.  But, I do not know what I would do without her.  She is such a blessing.  She is so feisty and fun.  I know God will do amazing things with her.  I just hope I please Him as I help to raise her.  I pray He gives me all the wisdom and insight I need to raise her in a way that she will be completely and totally His. 










No comments:

Post a Comment