Monday, July 11, 2011

A life that actually works

In my Bible study time today, I was reading about blessedness...a person who reveres the Lord, Follows His commands and looks to Him in all situations. God is their life... their reason for being. When you have this blessedness, your life actually works.

I was thinking about my life actually working out. This means that I rejoice in the Lord in all things...good or bad...pretty and ugly...easy and hard...when understanding or when confused...when frustrated or happy.

I feel my life "actually works" when I am happy. But when I am happy, I feel it is more of a human reaction than a condition of my heart and soul. I rejoice in the good, pretty, easy times. I rejoice when my life makes sense. However, I don't rejoice when things happen in my life that I don't understand, or when things get ugly and hard. In fact, I ask , "Why, GOD?"

Now, I have never denied that God was God. I have always believed that He does work in wonderful ways, but I have denied God to work that into my life and allowing Him to make it actually work. I get too much in the way of my own blessedness. I see people I go to church with who are blessed. They love God, they follow Him anywhere He leads, they call on Him for wisdom and guidance in the tiniest matters of life...they make God their life. They exude blessedness and their blessedness bring me joy and a yearning for my own blessedness.
I have gotten better in the past few weeks of allowing God in. Allowing Him to direct my life, make my decisions, and capture my thoughts. I have worried less and less as each day passes. I know God is bigger than any problem and He will provide me a strength that is insurmountable even in times of trouble. But, I want to be blessed. I want a life that "ACTUALLY WORKS!"

Father, God, help me to walk in Your ways. May my steps be to worship, may my thoughts bring You praise, may my words bring honor to Your name. Help me to look to you even in the smallest affairs of life. Give me wisdom and knowledge like you say in Isaiah 33:6. For I know your ways are right and just...I know they are the ONLY way that I can truly live if I want to have a life of true blessedness and one that will actually work!

No comments:

Post a Comment