Friday, July 15, 2011

Bear fruit that will last...

First of all, to my friend Ginny...goodluck having that baby girl! I wish I could be there! I cannot wait to meet her when I get back from the cruise! Love you!

Bear fruit that will last
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go bear fruit-fruit that will last."
John 15:16

God is the vine and I am the branches.
I know a vine can only produce branches if those branches remain attached to the vine. I can only be one in God if I stay attached to Him because He is my source of life. I cannot live without Him. If I am living without Him, I am producing nothing but rotten waste. I want to bear fruit...I want to be a glimpse of Jesus to somebody. I want others to know me and look at me and know whom I belong to. Unfortunately, I do a cruddy job of this daily, all day.
What a disappointment I feel I am to Him. What fruit do I bear? He gave me gifts that will help me spiritually and do I use them? God placed me here on earth to increase the number of those who believe in Him and love Him. He didn't suggest it to me, he appointed me to do so. It is called The Great Commission. Matthew 28:19, " Make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Holy Spirit." God expects me to do this...and boy do I need a kick in the pants.
Father, help me to bear fruit. Fruit that will make a lasting impact on Your kingdom. Help me to be someone who knows I love You and belong to You. I get so caught up in the drama of daily life that it gets in the way of me doing what You appointed me to do and being who You have appointed me to be. Give me the strength to just step out of the way of my life and allow You to work in every nook and cranny of it. I love You and want to bear fruit for You.


Well I hope you all have a wonderful week. I will be enjoying a beautiful cruise. I will get to experience God's amazing power, wondrous works, and complete sovereignty in a whole new way! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment