Sunday, February 6, 2011

building a legacy

I was honored to be able to attend a beautiful funeral where we looked at the dear woman who passed and how she was finally home with her Maker.

The funeral was beautiful. The things that were said were so true and meaningful. Margaret Slater was a great woman. I have known her much of my life and was truly blessed by her example. She was like another grandmother to me.

She loved her family and she loved God. She did everything to honor Him and to bless her family. It is no doubt that right now, she is with our Father, hugging on Him and He is smiling from ear to ear to have her there with Him.

Those of us that loved her can have peace knowing that is what is happening.

She was so proud of her family and those close to her. She loved her 8 grandchildren and thought her own children hung the moon. They are truly a magnificent family who all love God and honor Him in their daily living. Their an inspiration to us all...and Margaret help to build that legacy. She was an accomplished woman. Maybe not in the eyes of those who think money and grandeur are what shows that a person is accomplished. But in the eyes of those who know what truly matters, Margaret was rich! She has three children who love God with all their hearts and serve Him. They have all raised or are raising children who love and serve God too. That is true accomplishment.

I know she will be missed by many. Her husband Paul who I adore, misses her, but knows that she is with her heavenly Father.

Margaret, thank you for the inspiration you were to all of us and for building the legacy you have built. Thank you for showing me what true accomplishment is. I hope that I can be an accomplished woman so I can see you again someday with our Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment