Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ava's 5 Year Letter (picture overload, but you will be happy you looked at them, I know I loved it! ๐Ÿ˜‰)


 Dear Ava,
It seems like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms for the first time.  I can no longer hold you like that anymore.  You are more than half my size now.  It is insane how quickly you grew from a tiny infant (if you consider 9lbs. 6 oz. tiny) into this beautiful 38 pound young girl.  Your daddy and I prayed and prayed for you.  There was a time I lost hope of ever having a baby.  BUT GOD.

God knew exactly what He was doing!  Shocker, I know, right?!  He knew exactly what we needed and when we needed it.  I wish I could take back those years where I didn't trust and lived in sadness and doubt.  When I found out I was pregnant with a baby I was the happiest I have ever been in my life.  I could not wait to meet you.  And I just knew you would be so special.  And you are.

You love God with such tender love.  You know how important He is and love to talk about Him.  Since you are only 5, you don't understand everything you need to or behave in the ways I know you know you should, but I know that your heart wants to know, love and serve God.  He is going to do great things through you.

He has made you a compassionate and caring sister.  Just the other day, your littlest sister who is showing signs of terrible two's, lost her mind and I left her screaming and throwing a fit in the parking lot of church.  You were crying because you were so worried about her safety.  I had to reassure you over and over again that I wouldn't have left her there if she were in danger.  The parking lot had no-one there and no-one coming.  And we were close to her.  (So don't think I abandoned my child in a busy, dangerous parking lot, please.  I would never do that.)

You love to help cook and the other day you wanted to help get the house clean for me when I came home because you know I love a clean home.

You work hard at your schoolwork and love to be around people.  You have always been so gracious as you have had to share toys since you can remember.  Last year we went to Disney World during your birthday.  You never once asked for a toy the entire week we were there.  The last day we let you pick out anything you wanted.  You picked the Cinderella Castle.  Well, of course, Sally wanted in on that and you have shared that with her lovingly and graciously ever since.

YOU are going to do GREAT things for GOD.  I just know it.  We are so very proud of you.  We love you so much.  You have blessed my life so much it can't be described.  I can't wait to watch you grow physically, socially, emotionally, but most importantly, in your relationship to Jesus Christ.

Always remember He is Number 1.  Always put Him first and serve Him only.  He loves you so.  And I thank God that He chose us to love you here on this earth.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment